Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: I wouldn't be surprised if they try Yonder at 3rd

Re: I wouldn't be surprised if they try Yonder at 3rd

I checked this thread again to see if there was any Yonder news. A stupid mistake on my part.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by TN Red Fan View Post
    Doesn't matter. It's a significant enough sample size to make a judgement. The fact that he's done it over 4 years only shows that he's been consistant. That's a good thing. A player that puts those numbers up for one year might be a fluke.

Keppinger hit well in the minors.
    He's hit well in the majors.
    His major league sample size is significant
    He's hit well consistantly over a number of years.

Note that all this is a sharp contrast to, say, Hairston, who's never hit before this year in the majors or the minors, so he can be fairly considered a fluke.

The bottom line is that there's no reason to doubt that Keppinger can hit at about the same clip he hit this year and last year. And not only is there no reason to doubt it, there's no evidence to support the idea that he can't replicate it.

Sorry to say it, but you're thinking in Dusty Baker logic. "Keppinger is a role player, well, just because..."

I am not thinking Dusty Baker logic... You just said that a guy has a one year fluke... he is considered not a full timer...

But your assessment of Kepp is that over parts of 4 seasons, he hasn't even had a chance to become a 1 year fluke...

You are almost proving my point for me...

Here's another point... I don't think kepp is a"bad" player... I just don't put as much reliance in him as most of you do who support him... I feel, IMO, Jeff Keppinger is a back up player... and until he produces 2-3 quality season in consecutive years... He is just what he is... A good contact hitter but nothing to hang your season on...

I don't know any more facts I can bring up. The guy hasn't played a full season yet to date... It is simple.

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

I wouldn't be surprised if they try Yonder at 3rd either... I would be shocked.

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz Dorsey View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if they try Yonder at 3rd either... I would be shocked.
    I'd be numbingly stunned.

Turn Off Ads?