Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2008 Kelly Cup - Go Cyclones!

2008 Kelly Cup - Go Cyclones!

I know it's the ECHL but I had blast when I took the family to a game in January. The seats were center ice about 7 rows back and only cost $10 each. Terrific value!

Now the Cyclones are in the ECHL finals playing Las Vegas. Game 1 is Saturday night at 7:30.

For those interested in getting tickets, I called the front office today (421-PUCK) and they have a couple of promotions - a family 4 pack that includes 4 tickets, 4 hot dogs, 4 sodas and 4 t-shirts for $67. They also have $1 beers that night.

I got my 4-pack and am looking for a fun time!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 2008 Kelly Cup - Go Cyclones!

I love the Cyclones. I've never been to a game that wasn't pure entertainment.

Go Cyclones and kick the snot out of Las Vegas!
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

The Cyclones lead the series 2 games to 1 with Game 4 tonight in Las Vegas. I was among the near 8,700 crazies in attendance for their Game 1 victory this past Saturday night.

If the series goes to six games, then Game 6 will be in Cincinnati on Thursday, June 5th with a possible Game 7 on Saturday, June 7th.
    The Lost Decade Average Season: 74-88
    2014-22 Average Season: 71-91

East Coast Hockey League

Las Vegas?

Mmmmm okay

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    East Coast Hockey League

Las Vegas?

Mmmmm okay
    Hey, just like the Reds being in the Western Division and the Cubs being in the Eastern Division. Or the Nashville Sounds being in the the Pacific Coast League in AAA.
    2024 Reds record attending: 1-0
    2024 Dragons record attending: 0-0
    2024 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Quote Originally Posted by KittyDuran View Post
    Hey, just like the Reds being in the Western Division and the Cubs being in the Eastern Division. Or the Nashville Sounds being in the the Pacific Coast League in AAA.
    The divisions have not been given names yet... and they are not strictly geographical - Warren Giles 1968

The NL almost didn't go to divisions and when they drew up the original draft the Cards and the Cubs were in separate divisions... so the Cards brokered a move to the East to be with the Cubs... who didn't want to not see the East coast teams less than usual, they preferred the earlier starting time of the East coast road games (6:30 compared to 9:30) at the time the senior owners were The Dodgers/Giants/Cubs/Cards/Phillies all the rest of the NL owners had little power compared to that group, thus the middle of the country power brokered the deal.

East Coast Hockey League

Las Vegas?

Mmmmm okay
    When the ECHL first was around (about 1988) it was all East Coast hockey teams. Cincinnati was probably as east as it got. It was also bottom of the barrel professional hockey. Those guys made a few hundred bucks a week, back then. 5 would live in a two bedroom apartment. After the old IHL went bust the ECHL became a much better league (probably only behind the AHL as a minor league goes) and gobbled up a lot of the teams from the now defunct leagues.
    After looking at the current ECHL teams, I couldn't find one team that was a member back when the Cyclones were originally in it.

And that concludes your minor league hockey lesson for today.

On another hockey side note, a kid I played travel hockey with (when I was 12), scored the game winning goal for the Penguins against the Red Wings the other night. Its pretty cool when you competed with someone who made it all the way.

Quote Originally Posted by EddieMilner View Post
    When the ECHL first was around (about 1988) it was all East Coast hockey teams. Cincinnati was probably as east as it got. It was also bottom of the barrel professional hockey. Those guys made a few hundred bucks a week, back then. 5 would live in a two bedroom apartment. After the old IHL went bust the ECHL became a much better league (probably only behind the AHL as a minor league goes) and gobbled up a lot of the teams from the now defunct leagues.
    After looking at the current ECHL teams, I couldn't find one team that was a member back when the Cyclones were originally in it.

And that concludes your minor league hockey lesson for today.

On another hockey side note, a kid I played travel hockey with (when I was 12), scored the game winning goal for the Penguins against the Red Wings the other night. Its pretty cool when you competed with someone who made it all the way.
    I went to a few of those games back in the Gardens, great atmosphere, pretty low grade hockey though, lots of fighting. My SIL was a season ticket holder, as RW fan I won't hold that good feeling about Adam Hall's success against you however since he is a Michigan native I'm sure some of his neighbors will be forthright in letting him know their feelings when the series is over.

I went to a few of those games back in the Gardens, great atmosphere, pretty low grade hockey though, lots of fighting. My SIL was a season ticket holder, as RW fan I won't hold that good feeling about Adam Hall's success against you however since he is a Michigan native I'm sure some of his neighbors will be forthright in letting him know their feelings when the series is over.
    We used to play together at Wing's Stadium in Kalamazoo (the year before he started playing for Compuware or another one of the MNHL teams). When you walk in, they have this enormous billboard (at least a couple of years ago they still did) saying, "THE HOME OF ADAM HALL" I was wondering after I saw his goal if someone defaced that billboard.

Quote Originally Posted by EddieMilner View Post
    We used to play together at Wing's Stadium in Kalamazoo (the year before he started playing for Compuware or another one of the MNHL teams). When you walk in, they have this enormous billboard (at least a couple of years ago they still did) saying, "THE HOME OF ADAM HALL" I was wondering after I saw his goal if someone defaced that billboard.
    Gotta love a guy who probably learned to skate on a lake (there aren't many of us out there) even if he's on the opposition.

The Cyclones won Game 5 with a 4-0 shutout and now lead the series 3 games to 2!

Game 6 will be Thursday night in Cincinnati at US Bank Arena.
    The Lost Decade Average Season: 74-88
    2014-22 Average Season: 71-91

Thanks for the update. Go Cyclones!!
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

As of the Cyclones' first tournament game this year, I haven't been shaving. I will keep that up, and I hope all the other (male) Cyclones fans will honor that.

I shall be there thursday and for Game 7 if need be. Some pretty intense games down at the arena so far.
    "The Hall of Fame is there to keep alive the memory of people. You don't need to do that with people like Buck [O'Niel] and Joe [Nuxhall]. Nobody's forgetting those guys."

- Joe Posnanski

Congrats to the 'Clones! ECHL Champs!

Turn Off Ads?