Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reds Top 25 Prospects- June Edition

thorn

Re: Reds Top 25 Prospects- June Edition

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    I think you are overrating Brandon Waring for starters. Massive power, but has a giant strikeout problem and doesn't walk too much. He has 1 tool thats above average and its power.
    I hate to say it Doug, but that sounds like Fransico, so why is it he's getting a pass and not Waring? Plus waring plays a better 3B and is only a year older, considering Fransico has been in PRO ball longer, he's no where near a B for me.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thorn View Post
    I hate to say it Doug, but that sounds like Fransico, so why is it he's getting a pass and not Waring? Plus waring plays a better 3B and is only a year older, considering Fransico has been in PRO ball longer, he's no where near a B for me.
    Francisco is 20, Waring is 22. Francisco is a level ahead of Waring as well. The upsides of each isn't really close either. Francisco has a special bat and poor discipline but good defensive tools. Waring had an approach of swinging from the heels (and that is his own words) with a terrible strikeout problem at a level he is not young for. The two players strikeouts aren't really in the same category. Francisco, at a younger age and a higher level strikes out 21% of the time he steps to the plate. Waring, older and at a lower level is striking out in 30% of the time he steps to the plate. That said, I am not giving Francisco any type of favortism. His bat is much better than Warings but his plate discipline is at a downright scary place still.

thorn

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Francisco is 20, Waring is 22. Francisco is a level ahead of Waring as well. The upsides of each isn't really close either. Francisco has a special bat and poor discipline but good defensive tools. Waring had an approach of swinging from the heels (and that is his own words) with a terrible strikeout problem at a level he is not young for. The two players strikeouts aren't really in the same category. Francisco, at a younger age and a higher level strikes out 21% of the time he steps to the plate. Waring, older and at a lower level is striking out in 30% of the time he steps to the plate. That said, I am not giving Francisco any type of favortism. His bat is much better than Warings but his plate discipline is at a downright scary place still.
    He's a year and a half older, not 2, he turns 21 in 13 days. Fransico K's less and BB's less but regardless of the comparison between the 2, Fransico's still no where near a B prospect. He's had time to work on his BB problem, I don't see the improvement.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thorn View Post
    He's a year and a half older, not 2, he turns 21 in 13 days. Fransico K's less and BB's less but regardless of the comparison between the 2, Fransico's still no where near a B prospect. He's had time to work on his BB problem, I don't see the improvement.
    Year and a half is a whole lot of age for minor leaguers. Still, Francisco's potential is a whole lot more than that of Waring. I think Francisco's upside puts him at a B- prospect.

Lotzkar will be the Dayton starting pitcher on Friday night.

Quote Originally Posted by redsof72 View Post
    Lotzkar will be the Dayton starting pitcher on Friday night.
    Nice. Can't wait to hear how he does.

Just for fun, and because it's three years to the day (tomorrow), I thought I'd bump this for people to see where we were as a system three years ago, compared to where we are today.

Also keep in mind this list was made immediately after Bruce and Bailey had graduated to the majors.
    Go BLUE!!!

Turn Off Ads?