Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Reds @ Fish 6/8/08

Re: Reds @ Fish 6/8/08

4 pitch walk to Junior and the 20 fans that actually showed up for this game boo.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Hey Jay..welcome to the bigs where even the minor leaguers throw change ups on three ball counts
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Phillips flies out to center. 2 outs.

Ryan Tucker is stuggling with his control. The Reds need to be patient, and take a few more walks. His pitch count is already 55 pitches in the 3rd.
    "I think we’re starting to get to the point where people are starting to get tired of this stretch of ball,” Votto said. “I think something needs to start changing and start going in a different direction. I’m going to do my part to help make that change.”

Phillips does his job (manages to stay out of a double play) so Dunn can come to the plate.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Dunn strikes out looking. 1-0 Reds mid 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by mbgrayson View Post
    Ryan Tucker is stuggling with his control. The Reds need to be patient, and take a few more walks. His pitch count is already 55 pitches in the 3rd.
    Phillips amazes me. When he's going good, he gets hits in bunches. When he's not, he's always up there hacking. Two balls, a bad call on a strike and Brandon goes after ball 3 to pop out. Amazing.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

I guess the changeup is the hole in Bruce's offensive game?

I am confident he can figure that one out soon enough.

After trying hard last inning (scored a run), Dunn doesn't try very hard this one (strikes out looking).

Rabello strikes out swinging and reaches 1st on a wild pitch

Quote Originally Posted by mbgrayson View Post
    Harang is now hitting .214 (small sample size...)
    Patterson is at .192
    If Harang was faster he could lead off!
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Tucker bunts foul for a strikeout. 1 out.

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    Phillips does his job (manages to stay out of a double play) so Dunn can come to the plate.
    You know, I wonder how many fewer DPs Phillips would hit into if he had someone faster and more aggressive than Junior on first when he hits? On the DP today Junior was just jogging down to 2nd, and there was no thought of sliding to break up the DP. Of course it wasn't even close on that one, so I can't really blame him....
    Last edited by mbgrayson; 06-08-2008 at 02:02 PM.
    "I think we’re starting to get to the point where people are starting to get tired of this stretch of ball,” Votto said. “I think something needs to start changing and start going in a different direction. I’m going to do my part to help make that change.”

Ramirez lines a single to center. 1st and 2nd.

Hermida lines out to Bruce and they just miss a DP on the throw to 2nd. 2 outs.

Turn Off Ads?