Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Reds @ Fish 6/8/08

Re: Reds @ Fish 6/8/08

Bruce also walks...wouldn't go fishing...nice.
    "I think we’re starting to get to the point where people are starting to get tired of this stretch of ball,” Votto said. “I think something needs to start changing and start going in a different direction. I’m going to do my part to help make that change.”

2. Turn Off Ads?

Now they need to actually pitch to Junior. They won't want to walk the bases loaded....
    "I think we’re starting to get to the point where people are starting to get tired of this stretch of ball,” Votto said. “I think something needs to start changing and start going in a different direction. I’m going to do my part to help make that change.”

Junior grounds into a 4-6 FC. 1st and 3rd. 2 outs.

Junior first pitch swinging hits a hard one right at 2nd...2 outs, 1st and 3rd...

No runs. Of course.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Phillips grounds into a 5-4 FC. 2-1 Marlins mid 5th. Reds have left 6 on today.

Phillips rolls over another one. Easy out to 3B. 2-1 end of 5.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

So seriously, when will we see someone else in the 4 hole? When he's hot and facing LHs regularly, he's a good fit, but when not, he just hits us out of innings time and time again.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Quote Originally Posted by RedsManRick View Post
    Phillips rolls over another one. Easy out to 3B. 2-1 end of 5.
    deja vu

Phiilips has no business batting 4th vs a RHP. His OPS in 2006/2007 was ~.750 vs RHP and this year it is about 100 points lower. Baker is really starting to frustrate me.

2 straight walks and then a 1st pitch swing for a shoulda been DP.

Bru-tal.

So BP follows up with the same approach.

These gifts from our 3-4 hitters will certainly garner them a large quantity of Christmas cards this year.
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

Phillips looks like he needs to be somewhere else after the game....I mean i can kind of understand Griffey trying to go for the 1st pitch.....but not Phillips.

Right there, my friends, is what is wrong with the Reds. Hairston and Bruce work the count for walks. Tucker is in trouble.

Then our veterans, Jr. and BP, both swing at the first pitch they see, and they both ground out. Now Tucker will be back for the 6th, and we are still down 2-1. No patience....just dumb baseball there, IMO.

Do they keep stats of the amount of runners left on base for each player?

Jones hits for Tucker and singles to left.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsManRick View Post
    If Harang loses, he'll be 2-9. Anybody who ever cites a pitcher's W/L record needs to look at this to see how ridiculous it is.
    Only other pitcher with 9 losses is Barry Zito.
    Zito wishes he had half the stuff Harang has.
    Aaron has quickly become the Mario Soto of today - very good pitcher with some remarkably bad ball clubs. On the Cubs or Redsox, Harang is not only near 10 wins, but is probably hailed as one of the best pitchers today.

Turn Off Ads?