Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: June 8 Minor League Game Updates

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

June 8 Minor League Game Updates

Sarsota is trailing 4-0 heading to the 5th.

Dayton is underway.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: June 8 Minor League Game Updates

Dayton down 1-0 in the first.

Dragons just tied it 1-1 in the 2nd off Gressick's solo homerun.
    I'd walk through hell in a gasoline suit to play baseball. -- Pete Rose

2009 Record while in attendance: Terrible

Quote Originally Posted by highheat11 View Post
    Dragons just tied it 1-1 in the 2nd off Gressick's solo homerun.
    Rick Ankiel part 2, without the success as a MLB pitcher?

Dragons give the run right back, down 2-1 after the top of the 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Rick Ankiel part 2, without the success as a MLB pitcher?
    You never know, he seems to have some pop in that bat. When I saw his hitting stats from college, I questioned their decision to draft him as a pitcher.

With both Dayton and Sarasota struggling, what are the chances we see more of the 2008 draftees playing A-ball than we'd typically see after the draft? Donnie Scott's interview in the Dayton Daily News seemed that he was all for it-- or was he just trying some scare tactics for the younger guys in Dayton who think their jobs are safe just because they've made it this far into the season?

End of the day for Arneson. 3.1 IP, 4 H, 4 K, 7 BB, 6 ER.
    Still responsible for the 3 men on base, so those ER could jump if Rafael doesn't get out of this.
    Last edited by highheat11; 06-08-2008 at 03:18 PM. Reason: Grandslam hit with 3 of Arneson's runners still on

With both Dayton and Sarasota struggling, what are the chances we see more of the 2008 draftees playing A-ball than we'd typically see after the draft? Donnie Scott's interview in the Dayton Daily News seemed that he was all for it-- or was he just trying some scare tactics for the younger guys in Dayton who think their jobs are safe just because they've made it this far into the season?
    If he gets signed soon enough, which is the reason I am rooting for Miami to lose tonight. I could see Yonder being sent to Sarasota, heck it might be a little negotiating chip to bring the money down or such, allowing him to start is pro career in familiar surroundings. I could see Alonso to Sarasota and Stewart to Dayton, but from recent reports it sounds like Zach might start in rookie ball

Quote Originally Posted by redhawk61 View Post
    If he gets signed soon enough, which is the reason I am rooting for Miami to lose tonight. I could see Yonder being sent to Sarasota, heck it might be a little negotiating chip to bring the money down or such, allowing him to start is pro career in familiar surroundings. I could see Alonso to Sarasota and Stewart to Dayton, but from recent reports it sounds like Zach might start in rookie ball
    I wondered about Yonder getting put in Sarasota for a few reasons. Like you said, being close to home would be great for a player in their first professional season. Secondly, I know Sarasota struggles to put fans in the stands, so with the heavy Miami following throughout Florida, maybe they'll bring a little excitement into Ed Smith. I've always thought that the guys in Sarasota could be struggling because of the culture-shock of going from a place like Dayton where there's constantly sellouts and excitement at 5/3 Field, and then going to Sarasota where they struggle to hit 1,000 fans. I know baseball is baseball, but when there isn't much excitement surrounding your game, its hard to get pumped up to go out there and perform everyday.

Dayton loses 9-1. Announcer on the radio said that makes 21 losses in their last 27 games or something miserable like that...

"So Fla Red"

so with the heavy Miami following throughout Florida, maybe they'll bring a little excitement into Ed Smith.
    No one outside Dade County cares a bit about UM. They are a small school and a purely local draw that rarely ever even sells out college football games -- and that's when they were the best football program for a decade.

The Cuban culture and the upscale retirey maven of Sarasota have very little in common.

Quote Originally Posted by oregonred View Post
    No one outside Dade County cares a bit about UM. They are a small school and a purely local draw that rarely ever even sells out college football games -- and that's when they were the best football program for a decade.

The Cuban culture and the upscale retirey maven of Sarasota have very little in common.
    I never realized this was true for Miami.. I always assumed colleges like Miami were followed religiously in their home states like OSU in Ohio or LSU in Louisiana and so on. You know what they say about when you start assuming...

Dayton loses 9-1. Announcer on the radio said that makes 21 losses in their last 27 games or something miserable like that...
    Yet they still pack 'em in... Was there both Friday and Saturday night. The team as a whole looks limp and worn out which sometimes happens at this low level and its good that the season is split in two halves. No player is steady except for Waring.
    2024 Reds record attending: 1-0
    2024 Dragons record attending: 0-0
    2024 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Valaika homered in the top of 6th

Turn Off Ads?