Turn Off Ads?

Thread: One Thing I HATE About This Team

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

One Thing I HATE About This Team

And this trend has spanned 3 managers now, so I cannot blame Dusty, Narron, Miley, etc.

When the Reds win a game in dramatic fashion, they frequently come out flat the following game and can never seem to build any positive momentum off of it.

When the Reds lose a game in dramatic fashion, they similarly come out flat the following affair and seem to go into a 2-3 game slide. See todays "effort" as evidence of this trend.

BTW - no more "San Diego Excuses" for Harang. He's either injured or just horrible right now. That was a pathetic attempt at pitching today.
    Founder and Ruling Elite of the Derrick Robinson Fan Club. Limited amount of memberships available.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: One Thing I HATE About This Team

I don't know if I'd read too much into how they perform after dramatic wins and losses. The Reds have been so bad the last few years that over any two game stretch they're more likely to lose both than win both.
    FIRE DUSTY BAKER

ADOPT THIS SIGNATURE IN SOLIDARITY!!!

Maybe it was the fact that my large TV doesn't do SD well, but Harang looks like he was put on a few pounds. Now, I know he was always a bigger dude, but it sure seemed to me he was a little heavier than I noticed early in the season.

Quote Originally Posted by mole44 View Post
    Maybe it was the fact that my large TV doesn't do SD well, but Harang looks like he was put on a few pounds. Now, I know he was always a bigger dude, but it sure seemed to me he was a little heavier than I noticed early in the season.
    You're not the only one that's noticed. I can't remember which game it was (maybe the Bruce walkoff vs. ATL), but i noticed him celebrating and thought "Man, harang is just a beast". I brushed it off but after watching today, it looks like he's definitely getting heavier by the day.

I'm not saying it's to blame for his recent struggles, but supposedly his weight "loss" was a big factor when he busted out a few years ago and became a staple at the top. It seems to reason it could be a factor if in fact he's declining. I hope it's much ado about nothing for me but count me in as being concerned.

One thing *I* hate about this team is the way they routinely get shut down by inexperienced, or just plain bad pitchers. This is the same team that's made Jeff Suppan look like a Hall of Famer, for god's sake.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigLebowski View Post
    And this trend has spanned 3 managers now, so I cannot blame Dusty, Narron, Miley, etc.

When the Reds win a game in dramatic fashion, they frequently come out flat the following game and can never seem to build any positive momentum off of it.

When the Reds lose a game in dramatic fashion, they similarly come out flat the following affair and seem to go into a 2-3 game slide. See todays "effort" as evidence of this trend.

BTW - no more "San Diego Excuses" for Harang. He's either injured or just horrible right now. That was a pathetic attempt at pitching today.
    One of the best pitchers the Reds have ever had and he has had a few bad starts and people start saying he is done. He is fat and all this other garbage. People need to get over thereselves and realize a pitcher isn't going to dominate every game through an entire year. People are laughable how quickly they jump on and off band wagons. I guess that is cincinnati fans for you.

Quote Originally Posted by eichstadtreds View Post
    One of the best pitchers the Reds have ever had and he has had a few bad starts and people start saying he is done. He is fat and all this other garbage. People need to get over thereselves and realize a pitcher isn't going to dominate every game through an entire year. People are laughable how quickly they jump on and off band wagons. I guess that is cincinnati fans for you.
    I would like for you to point out where I stated that Harang was "done."

I'll give you a few minutes.
    Founder and Ruling Elite of the Derrick Robinson Fan Club. Limited amount of memberships available.

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

Harang is not bad or incredible. He's not an ace either. He's a top of the line #2 guy mistaken for a stopper/ace who is struggling. Nothing more lnothing less.
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5
    2010 Attendance Record: 2-9
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2

One thing I hate about this FRANCHISE is that no matter who the manager is, our fundamentals are so crappy, that we can stand to have a guy like Edwin Encarnacion on our team with 10 errors.

Quote Originally Posted by DTCromer View Post
    One thing I hate about this FRANCHISE is that no matter who the manager is, our fundamentals are so crappy, that we can stand to have a guy like Edwin Encarnacion on our team with 10 errors.
    Most of those 10 errors were committed early in the season. He has played pretty good defense lately.

Quote Originally Posted by JayBruce32 View Post
    Harang is not bad or incredible. He's not an ace either. He's a top of the line #2 guy mistaken for a stopper/ace who is struggling. Nothing more lnothing less.
    Cy Young consideration two years running, and he's not an ace? I'd love to see your definition. You might be confusing the term with "hall of famer."
    I have a love-hate relationship with Albert Pujols. Mostly hate.

Quote Originally Posted by I(heart)Freel View Post
    Cy Young consideration two years running, and he's not an ace? I'd love to see your definition. You might be confusing the term with "hall of famer."
    He's about as sure an ace as you have in the majors. Additionally, he's not a hall of famer yet, but he's putting together a strong career case for it so far.

What are some of you guys talking about? He was lights out last year, and finished 16-6... He should have WON 20 games and probably would have WON the CY Young last year if he had any run support in a lot of those ND's Last year... Also, atleast 3 or 4 of those Losses are games in which he should have Clearly WON...

Quit blaming things on Harang... He is 1 Helluva Pitcher for this team, and he will be ok... there is no way he should be 2-9 this year... No run support what so ever... so even if he does pitch a Quality start today (6IP, 3ER or less), he still loses...

It isn't very easy pitching without a LEAD all the time...

Baseball isnt very much a momentum sport,especially on the offensive side, its just that they arnt a good team and cant consistently win. If a pitcher is dealing stuff your hitters just cant hit then there isnt a lot more you can do about it other than find hitters who can hit consistently.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigLebowski View Post
    I would like for you to point out where I stated that Harang was "done."

I'll give you a few minutes.
    I was commenting on Reds fans in general, I quoted you because you started the thread.

Turn Off Ads?