Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17

Thread: Harang can't win if he won't pitch inside!

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    SW Ohio
    Posts
    434

    Harang can't win if he won't pitch inside!

    No pitcher can for that matter. Especially if your fastball is 89-91.
    80% of the earth is covered by water. The other 20% is covered by Eric Davis.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    539

    Re: Harang can't win if he won't pitch inside!

    I agree. Hes too consistent with his spots. Yes, you want to work low but you have to atleast change the eye level. I mean you don't have to be a headhunter and know people down but 2 seamers at the knees and sliders down and away isnt too intimidating.

  4. #3
    Member Nasty_Boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    1st Place... Finally
    Posts
    1,191

    Re: Harang can't win if he won't pitch inside!

    Bako is terrible about calling everything away... he costs Cueto an extra 20 pitches a game by not attacking hitters in 0-2 and 1-2 counts... he constantly calls for pitches away.

  5. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    SW Ohio
    Posts
    434

    Re: Harang can't win if he won't pitch inside!

    Arroyo can't either. Why won't they pitch inside?
    80% of the earth is covered by water. The other 20% is covered by Eric Davis.

  6. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    866

    Re: Harang can't win if he won't pitch inside!

    dick pole is terrible.. he probably tells them to suck on purpose so when they improve he looks like a god.. until that man goes our staff will continue to flounder good to great pitchers and cost our team many many games..

  7. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    WEST CARROLLTON OHIO
    Posts
    1,283

    Re: Harang can't win if he won't pitch inside!

    Bring in Rockin chair Mazone.

  8. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Virginia Beach
    Posts
    302

    Re: Harang can't win if he won't pitch inside!

    I've noticed this with Arroyo for the past year and a half.

  9. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    23

    Re: Harang can't win if he won't pitch inside!

    what say we trade arroyo and herrea for maddux, then chain him to the bullpen to help the youngsters understand pitch control and effective misses

  10. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    1,187

    Re: Harang can't win if he won't pitch inside!

    Not making any excuses for Harang or Arroyo but sometimes the umpire dictates how the game will be pitched.
    The Hunt for a Reds October.

  11. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Springfield
    Posts
    642

    Re: Harang can't win if he won't pitch inside!

    I have noticed this for a while now.Watch the game tonight and look for where the catcher is calling for the ball. 99% will be away. I don't know why but it's been that way all year.

  12. #11
    Jack of all trades Root Down's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    NW Ohio
    Posts
    206

    Re: Harang can't win if he won't pitch inside!

    Watch every pitch that goes to Griffey, Bruce, and Dunn... they will all be low and away. It's not only the Reds, inside pitches have a tenancy to go out of the park. With Griffey it seems that most pitchers would rather walk him missing the outside corner than missing and going inside. For the most part the only people that are going to pitch inside consistently are pitchers throwing in the mid to upper 90's and even then they will only come in with a fastball and an occasional low breaking ball.

  13. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Springfield
    Posts
    642

    Re: Harang can't win if he won't pitch inside!

    I see pitchers come in on Griffey,Dunn and Bruce all the time but they do go down and away to try and get them to chase alot

  14. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    All around
    Posts
    7,579

    Re: Harang can't win if he won't pitch inside!

    Mazzone!

    Mazzone!

    Mazzone!

  15. #14
    Jack of all trades Root Down's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    NW Ohio
    Posts
    206

    Re: Harang can't win if he won't pitch inside!

    You were right, he won't go inside what-so-ever.

  16. #15
    got alil captain in u?
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Bridgeport Ohio
    Posts
    4,839

    Re: Harang can't win if he won't pitch inside!

    The Jays right now are diving hard out over the plate because they know Harang refuses to throw inside right now.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25