Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17

Thread: 2009 - Alonso to 1b, Votto to LF, Dunn to FA!

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    SW Ohio
    Posts
    434

    2009 - Alonso to 1b, Votto to LF, Dunn to FA!

    The Alonso kid may be ready by next Spring. The kid has a great eye and can flat out rake.
    80% of the earth is covered by water. The other 20% is covered by Eric Davis.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #2
    Plan to be spontaneous Jefferson24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Illinios
    Posts
    1,196

    Re: 2009 - Alonso to 1b, Votto to LF, Dunn to FA!

    No way he's ready by next spring. 2010 maybe.
    We only live in patches. - H. G. Wells

  4. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Blue Ash
    Posts
    2,616

    Re: 2009 - Alonso to 1b, Votto to LF, Dunn to FA!

    44Magnum has established a pattern of hyperbole.
    Who's on first?

  5. #4
    Member Oxilon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    2,133

    Re: 2009 - Alonso to 1b, Votto to LF, Dunn to FA!

    Quote Originally Posted by Jefferson24 View Post
    No way he's ready by next spring. 2010 maybe.
    Alfonso had arguably the most polished bat entering the draft this year. There's a possibility we could even see him up here by the end of this season, ala Ryan Zimmerman.
    That hit was plenty fair. Atleast by a quarter of an inch.
    -Steve Stone

  6. #5
    Plan to be spontaneous Jefferson24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Illinios
    Posts
    1,196

    Re: 2009 - Alonso to 1b, Votto to LF, Dunn to FA!

    Quote Originally Posted by Oxilon View Post
    Alfonso had arguably the most polished bat entering the draft this year. There's a possibility we could even see him up here by the end of this season, ala Ryan Zimmerman.
    Don't forget, this is the same organization that sat on Bruce. Ready or not I doubt we see him.
    We only live in patches. - H. G. Wells

  7. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    92

    Re: 2009 - Alonso to 1b, Votto to LF, Dunn to FA!

    Quote Originally Posted by Jefferson24 View Post
    Don't forget, this is the same organization that sat on Bruce. Ready or not I doubt we see him.
    We saw the organization sit on Bruce while Krivsky was the GM, Jocketty brought Bruce up fairly quickly after he was hired. I think we'll get an idea of Jocketty's general timetable for these top tier prospects as we see more of him as a GM. He's been really active in managing the farm system since he's taken over for Krivsky. There have been more promotions in the past couple of weeks (Thompson, Harerra, Bailey, etc.) than I can remember happening in a similar stretch during Krivsky's tenure. That's a plus in my book.

    We've seen that he has the ability to build a winning ballclub from his tenure in St. Louis, so at this point he has my trust.

  8. #7
    Bleeding Red in the South
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    166

    Re: 2009 - Alonso to 1b, Votto to LF, Dunn to FA!

    Jocketty has been pretty quick with promotions since he took over. I like that he's more aggressive, but I don't see any reason for Alonso to move the system as quick as Zimmerman did. That Nationals team needed any kind of spark to put butts in the seats.

    Alonso in late '09 unless he kills it the rest of this season and in next years ST.

  9. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    SW Ohio
    Posts
    434

    Re: 2009 - Alonso to 1b, Votto to LF, Dunn to FA!

    Quote Originally Posted by ChatterRed View Post
    44Magnum has established a pattern of hyperbole.
    What? Me, hyperbole?
    80% of the earth is covered by water. The other 20% is covered by Eric Davis.

  10. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Hamilton
    Posts
    1,147

    Re: 2009 - Alonso to 1b, Votto to LF, Dunn to FA!

    Alonzo looked pretty stupid saturday in miamis game.

    Pitcher continued to throw him looping curveballs that he wiffed miserably.


    I wasnt impressed, of course thats the only full at bat ive seen.

  11. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2

    Re: 2009 - Alonso to 1b, Votto to LF, Dunn to FA!

    Quote Originally Posted by bgwilly31 View Post
    Alonzo looked pretty stupid saturday in miamis game.

    Pitcher continued to throw him looping curveballs that he wiffed miserably.


    I wasnt impressed, of course thats the only full at bat ive seen.
    I guess you didn't see the homerun he hit in his next at bat. The pitcher made him looked bad in the 1st ab and he made the adjustment and hit one out to the opposite field the following ab.

  12. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    866

    Re: 2009 - Alonso to 1b, Votto to LF, Dunn to FA!

    we get rid of Dunn.. sounds good to me.. esp b/c by then our young guys will be in arbitration..

  13. #12
    Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    7,698

    Re: 2009 - Alonso to 1b, Votto to LF, Dunn to FA!

    Doesn't this hinge mostly on his contract? I thought there were demands along the lines of 8 million and a mlb contract. Hence the open spot on the current 40-man roster. If he's getting that (and I'm not saying he is...just that it was rumored he was), then wouldn't you want to get him up here quick due to him occupying a 40-man roster spot?
    2014 predictions:
    99-63 WS champs (Cards take 2nd WC, Mil 3rd, Pit 4th, Chi 5th)
    Bruce/Votto neck and neck MVP race (neither takes it)
    Bailey CYA winner
    Hamilton ROY & GG

  14. #13
    Member Oxilon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    2,133

    Re: 2009 - Alonso to 1b, Votto to LF, Dunn to FA!

    Quote Originally Posted by Jefferson24 View Post
    Don't forget, this is the same organization that sat on Bruce. Ready or not I doubt we see him.
    The only reason Bruce was in Louisville for as long as he was, was due to the Super Two factor. Since we're past that date, they're will be nothing holding Alfonso back except his own performance.
    That hit was plenty fair. Atleast by a quarter of an inch.
    -Steve Stone

  15. #14
    Member Nasty_Boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    1st Place... Finally
    Posts
    1,166

    Re: 2009 - Alonso to 1b, Votto to LF, Dunn to FA!

    Who wants a guy that hits for power and has a good eye? Walks are useless!

    BTW, what "young" guys are in arbitration this offseason?

  16. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    866

    Re: 2009 - Alonso to 1b, Votto to LF, Dunn to FA!

    Quote Originally Posted by Nasty_Boy View Post
    Who wants a guy that hits for power and has a good eye? Walks are useless!

    BTW, what "young" guys are in arbitration this offseason?
    we have talked about this.. they will be coming up in the next few years.. dunns contract are for the next few years.. same time...


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25