Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Dontrelle Willis - what do you think of him now?

Dontrelle Willis - what do you think of him now?

I remember people on this board wanting to trade for Willis last season. He just got shelled for 8 runs and didn't make it out of the second inning. His Detroit e.r.a is over 10.00. Hilarious. Did Detroit give him a contract extention? For how much?

And people think WK made some bad deals. Hahaha.
    Who's on first?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Dontrelle Willis - what do you think of him now?

Many people on this site were in favor for trading for him this past offseason since many thought last year was just a fluke. Doesn't seem to be the case now...or perhaps ever again for that matter. The Detroit Tigers may become the New York Rangers of baseball this season if they haven't already.
    That hit was plenty fair. Atleast by a quarter of an inch.
    -Steve Stone

I was extremely jealous when they made those trades. Not so much for Willis, but for Cabrera.
    Who's on first?

He is now the highest paid player in 1 A ball!!!!!!

Glad we didn't go after him
    "Trying is the first step towards failure." Homer Simpson

"I wasn't looking too good but I was feeling real well." Keith Richards

I hope he straightens it out,however I'm highly doubtful.Roy Halladay got sent to low A for a term and seem to come back ok.

Could Willis be another Jose Lima?
    80% of the earth is covered by water. The other 20% is covered by Eric Davis.

He was always a decent hitter. Could he be another Rick Ankiel?
    "He [Janish] is a true shortstop, but Jerry's doing a great job offensively and we've been having trouble offensively," Baker said. "You've got to have some offense to replace a key offensive guy."
    -Dusty Baker, 5/15/08 while Corey Patterson raises his OBP to a whopping .276 and Jay Bruce's .984 OPS sits in Louisville

Here's what I think of the Willis situation --> that Larry Beinfest acquitted himself rather nicely with that blockbuster trade this offseason. Now, to be fair, Maybin and Miller haven't given the Marlins ANYTHING yet, but I'd take them over $153 million worth of that fat POS Miguel Cabrera, and $27 million worth of a single-A pitcher all day, every day of the week.

I just remember the media CRUSHING the Marlins for (yet again) trading away veterans - but (yet again) it looks like they made the right move.

Miller outdueled Cole Hamels tonight in Miami, so he's giving Florida something (though he's definitely been inconsistent).

Quote Originally Posted by PTI (pti) View Post
    Here's what I think of the Willis situation --> that Larry Beinfest acquitted himself rather nicely with that blockbuster trade this offseason. Now, to be fair, Maybin and Miller haven't given the Marlins ANYTHING yet, but I'd take them over $153 million worth of that fat POS Miguel Cabrera, and $27 million worth of a single-A pitcher all day, every day of the week.

I just remember the media CRUSHING the Marlins for (yet again) trading away veterans - but (yet again) it looks like they made the right move.
    the number speak for themselves - Cabrera will hit. that's why they play 180 games a season, and not 60-something. he's been an all-star for the past 3 seasons and will be in future (maybe not this year)

as for willis - he might have gotten paid a little too much. he has gotten progessively worse since he joined the league. but, he will give you 200+ IP's a year when he's healthy.

The guy won 22 games a few years back... If the Reds could get Willis for nothing, I would want him to be given a chance...

This is a what have you done for me lately World... The Guy has a track record...

Oh, and we would all be in a better place if Miguel Cabrera was the Starting 3rd Baseman here...

Quote Originally Posted by PTI (pti) View Post

Andrew Miller since his 3rd start of the season, April 12:

4-3 record
    58 IP
    45 K's
    3.88 ERA
    59 hits
    24 BB's
    1.43 WHIP
    2:1 K:BB ratio
    3.36 FIP

Notice the fielding independent pitching number - a very good stat.

I'd say Miller hasn't exactly given Florida "nothing." Miller is going to be a very good pitcher with seasoning.

As for Dontrelle, I've never been a big fan. I wouldn't even trade for him in a 9-team NL-only fantasy league because I didn't trust him. I'm glad the Reds stayed away, though I think he does have talent and could still turn things around.

Turn Off Ads?