Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: 2008 Reds Draft tracker thread

Re: 2008 Reds Draft tracker thread

29 of 50 draft picks are pitchers, I love that stat...should draft like that every year.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by icehole3 View Post
    29 of 50 draft picks are pitchers, I love that stat...should draft like that every year.
    Its probably not that far off. Consider that 11-12 of a 25 man roster are pitchers, and that's at every level. Factor in rate of injury and I'd say if at least half of your draft isn't pitching you might be doing something wrong.
    FIRE DUSTY BAKER

ADOPT THIS SIGNATURE IN SOLIDARITY!!!

Senor Votto

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder View Post
    Any word if Pat White is considering signing after football season next year and giving baseball a shot?
    He'll def. stay at WVU for the football season which is fine by me. But if he waits till next years draft I'm sure he'll go way higher than the 49th round. Chances are he's not signing with the Reds.

Quote Originally Posted by Degenerate39 View Post
    He'll def. stay at WVU for the football season which is fine by me. But if he waits till next years draft I'm sure he'll go way higher than the 49th round. Chances are he's not signing with the Reds.
    They'll make him a Means type offer probably to let him play football but if he thinks he'll go a lot higher next year he'll almost certainly pass, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Degenerate39 View Post
    Rumor has it he is going to try and play baseball for my Mounties come spring. I still find it very doubtful he'll sign with the Reds.

Quote Originally Posted by gm View Post
    Fay's blog has a list of 20 signees. I was surprised to see #17 Pfister signed. IIRC he was studying to become a doctor. Maybe I got the wrong draftee?
    You might be thinking of Ben Hunter, the pitcher from Cincinnati out of Wake Forest drafted in the 20s. I think he's made it pretty clear that he is headed to medical school. Maybe the Reds thought he would change his mind after seeing his name called by his hometown team..
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

I'm going to wait til something more reliable than Hal posts about a signing. No offense to the HoFer.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

You can add 12th rounder Kyle Day to the list of signees as he's now listed on the Billings roster.

Have the Reds started signing any of these draft picks yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Have the Reds started signing any of these draft picks yet?
    Check out the first post in this thread. All signed players are in bold.

Anybody got any info. about what's going on with Shunick?

Senor Votto

Quote Originally Posted by Homer Bailey View Post
    Rumor has it he is going to try and play baseball for my Mounties come spring. I still find it very doubtful he'll sign with the Reds.
    That's what I thought would happen. I would really like to see the Reds draft him again next year and hopefully sign him. I think he could be a good defensive replacement/ pinch runner.

According to Baseball America, 5th round pick Clayton Shunick signed for $175,000. My guess is he'll begin his pro career in Billings.

Get Alonso, Garcia and a couple High School kids and call it a good year.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    According to Baseball America, 5th round pick Clayton Shunick signed for $175,000. My guess is he'll begin his pro career in Billings.
    I just checked the Billings roster and Shunick is in fact listed on the Billings roster. 22nd rounder Byron Wiley is also listed on the roster so you can bold his name now.

Turn Off Ads?