Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Knee Jerk Reactions to 1st Round Picks from around the league

Re: Knee Jerk Reactions to 1st Round Picks from around the league

Quote Originally Posted by fearofpopvol1 View Post
    The Jason Castro response made me LOL.
    He is really being talked up on ESPN tonight and he has had a good game both defensively and offensively. I don't recall much talk on these boards about him being a possible Reds' selection. Seems to me he'd be a better fit for our organization than Alonzo from Mia. Any of you think the Reds should have selected Castro?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    He is really being talked up on ESPN tonight and he has had a good game both defensively and offensively. I don't recall much talk on these boards about him being a possible Reds' selection. Seems to me he'd be a better fit for our organization than Alonzo from Mia. Any of you think the Reds should have selected Castro?
    No. Castro was more like a 17-25 type talent as opposed to top ten.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    No. Castro was more like a 17-25 type talent as opposed to top ten.
    OK, why? What kept him from the top ten? Obviously the Astros didn't consider him a 17-25 type

OK, why? What kept him from the top ten? Obviously the Astros didn't consider him a 17-25 type
    Pretty much everyone considered Castro at #10 as a reach. He doesn't have any huge tools and this year was the first year he's hit well while at Stanford. He's a nice player but not top ten caliber.

Go take a quick peek at the Astros farm system. Is that a team you really want to use as a model for draft slotting?

I think a lot of the disapproval of the pick came from the Reds picking Alonso over Smoak.

Turn Off Ads?