Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: ORG Thread says Kemp (LA Dodgers) for Dunn

ORG Thread says Kemp (LA Dodgers) for Dunn

Now wait a minute here...

The guy Kemp is 23 and hit .342 last year with 10 HR in under 300AB's, but straight up for Adam Dunn???

Am I in the minority on this? I wouldn't do that deal straight up... If they wanted Dunn, 40-100-100-100

They would have to give me Billingsly, Kershaw, and Kemp

You all can call me nuts, crazy, or whatever... But I do not give a darn...

Dunn for Kemp straight up, rent a Dunn or not, that is ridiculous...

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: ORG Thread says Kemp (LA Dodgers) for Dunn

Do the trade, and then sign Dunn to a contract after he hits FA. He gets to go play somewhere else for a couple of months and then runs back to an outfield of him, Kemp, and Bruce.

I like that outfield a lot.

I'd like to see what Kemp is making, salary-wise, and how long his contract is for.

Me personally, Ceteris Paribus, I would trade away a .250 40HR guy in a small park for a .325 20HR guy coming from a big park.

kemp would hit 30 in GAB, that would be an excellent deal for the reds...

we'd actually have our cleanup hitter we are complaining for...

If I remember right, back when Walt was the GM for the Cards, he tried really really hard to land Kemp, but back them the Dodgers said no dice.

On a side note, my brother's, best friend's, uncle is Ned Collettie. Maybe I can meet him, take him out for some drinks and convince him how priceless Dunn is and getting him for Kemp would be a bargin

Quote Originally Posted by Hondo View Post

The guy Kemp is 23 and hit .342 last year with 10 HR in under 300AB's, but straight up for Adam Dunn???

Am I in the minority on this? I wouldn't do that deal straight up... If they wanted Dunn, 40-100-100-100

From this and your post in the Encarnacion thread, you seem to have a warped sense of reality when it comes to trades and signings. Those 3 kids you mention are all 23 or younger and highly regarded. You would expect them in return for Adam Dunn for 1/2 the year? Why not ask for Sandy Koufax to boot?

If the Reds aren't going to sign Dunn long term, which I think is a mistake, I would take Kemp and his years of arbitration ahead of him straight up for 1/2 a year of Dunn in a heartbeat.

1) Kemp is a centerfielder, and a great one at that. He has a cannon for an arm and has excellent range. Dunn is a below average leftfielder.

2) Kemp is five years younger than Dunn, meaning that he will be getting better while Dunn will be losing his skills. He also will be much cheaper than Dunn.

3) Kemp is a righthanded power hitter for the middle of the lineup, something that the Reds desperately need, especially with Bruce and Votto and possible Alonso coming up.

4) Kemp will provide similar run production to Dunn in GAPB. He's too young to really know what his ceiling is, but he is putting up solid numbers playing a pitchers park. He could easily hit 30 HR and be a 100 RBI, 100 runs guy in GAPB. The last two years, he has averaged around a .860 OPS. Dunn's career is .900. Have them switch ballparks, and they will have very similar OPS.

Basically, even if Dunn is better player, Kemp fills the Reds needs better, and makes them a better team. I don't want a team of the best players, I want the best team. Kemp instead of Dunn makes the Reds a better team.

A good example is when the Red Sox traded Nomar, their best and most popular player in 2004. The players they got back were not as good as him, but they made the Red Sox a better team. I think that worked out well for them.

By the way, the Dodgers would not trade Billingsly or Kershaw straight up for Dunn, let alone both of them and Kemp for Dunn. For that suggestion, I will call you crazy.

This would open up so many options for the Reds. By opening up left field you now have options of what to do with Frazier/Votto/Alonso. The Dodgers won't do this trade, but yeah, it would be a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by Homer Bailey View Post
    This would open up so many options for the Reds. By opening up left field you now have options of what to do with Frazier/Votto/Alonso. The Dodgers won't do this trade, but yeah, it would be a good one.
    Yeah, when ready, Votto to LF, Alonso to 1b, Frazier to 3b, EE traded for prospects.

lineup of:

Kepp
    Votto
    Bruce
    Kemp
    Alonso
    BP
    Fraizer
    some catcher

that lineup would rake

Quote Originally Posted by levydl View Post
    From this and your post in the Encarnacion thread, you seem to have a warped sense of reality when it comes to trades and signings. Those 3 kids you mention are all 23 or younger and highly regarded. You would expect them in return for Adam Dunn for 1/2 the year? Why not ask for Sandy Koufax to boot?

If the Reds aren't going to sign Dunn long term, which I think is a mistake, I would take Kemp and his years of arbitration ahead of him straight up for 1/2 a year of Dunn in a heartbeat.
    Excuse you. I do not have a warped sense of Reality.

Do I think the Dodgers would trade those 3 for Adam Dunn? Probably not...

Excuse you. I do not have a warped sense of Reality.

Do I think the Dodgers would trade those 3 for Adam Dunn? Probably not...
    The Dodgers wouldn't trade any one of those three for Adam Dunn. We would have to give them something else besides Dunn if we want Kemp. My proposal, Dunn and Bailey for Kemp.

Quote Originally Posted by sammonator View Post
    The Dodgers wouldn't trade any one of those three for Adam Dunn. We would have to give them something else besides Dunn if we want Kemp. My proposal, Dunn and Bailey for Kemp.
    and my response, where do I sign

I don't think the Dodgers would trade Kemp straight-up for Dunn.

He would be a great cleanup hitter, unfortunately we'd still have DPBP batting 3rd. AND, the likelihood of DUHsty batting a CF-er in the 4 hole might take a minor miracle...

I would do the trade in a heartbeat. Seems like we aren't going to sign Dunn to an LTC - or we'd have done it months ago - so might as well get SOMETHING for him. Kemp would be a freakin steal of massive proportions.

We'd more than likely have to throw in something else of value - and get back some other fodder in from LA to make it look reasonable.

PEACE

-BLEEDS
    I think that in a year or two, one of these guys - Frazier, Dorn, Valaika, Cumberland, Stubbs - will be ready to replace Dunn. They won't hit as many home runs as Dunn, but they should have similar OPS. - 757690, July 22, 2008

Alonso will be playing 1B for the REDS and batting 4th one year from today. - Kingspoint, July 9, 2009

Quote Originally Posted by redhawk61 View Post
    and my response, where do I sign
    agreed redhawk61. I don't think they would even do that.

Upon further review - Middle of the lineup hitter? Maybe y'all were reading "KENT", Jeff...

I'd LOVE this guy in CF - with Dunn in LF and Bruce in RF.

Maybe they'll take Alex Gonzalez for him, he's got some stick!! No? Yes? No? How about Votto - and we can put Yonserlini in there next year...

How about Brandon Phillips - and give the every day 2nd base job to Keppinger?
    I'm REALLY getting sick of this guy against RH-ers being penciled in the cleanup spot.
    Kemp would be just a tad less against Lefties, but he'd KILL BP against righties to the tune of ~50 points across the board in BA/OBP/SLG and almost a Buck in OPS...

PEACE

-BLEEDS
    I think that in a year or two, one of these guys - Frazier, Dorn, Valaika, Cumberland, Stubbs - will be ready to replace Dunn. They won't hit as many home runs as Dunn, but they should have similar OPS. - 757690, July 22, 2008

Alonso will be playing 1B for the REDS and batting 4th one year from today. - Kingspoint, July 9, 2009

Turn Off Ads?