Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: ORG Thread says Kemp (LA Dodgers) for Dunn

Re: ORG Thread says Kemp (LA Dodgers) for Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by Hondo View Post
    Excuse you. I do not have a warped sense of Reality.

Do I think the Dodgers would trade those 3 for Adam Dunn? Probably not...
    Last time I checked, Aaron Boone netted a top pitching prospect in return for a deadline deal (granted he didn't exactly pan out, but never the less). You're severely undervaluing Dunn; guys who hit 40 HRs and produce 100+ BBs and RBIs don't grow on trees.

Dunn for Kemp is relatively a fair trade.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I would do that deal in a heartbeat but I am a Dunn hater.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Oxilon View Post
    Last time I checked, Aaron Boone netted a top pitching prospect in return for a deadline deal (granted he didn't exactly pan out, but never the less). You're severely undervaluing Dunn; guys who hit 40 HRs and produce 100+ BBs and RBIs don't grow on trees.

Dunn for Kemp is relatively a fair trade.
    Man, I am not the one Undervaluing Dunn, is it everyone else on this board...

For Example... If Adam Dunn was available in Trade on another team...

And someone suggested we trade for him... Everyone here would say:

"You would have to trade Jay Bruce, Cueto, and another prosepct for Adam Dunn"

A lot of people here Do very much UNDERVALUE the Reds players... It is Pathedic...

I for one would be asking for Kemp, Billingsly, and Kershaw for Dunn... As the starting Point if I were Walt Jocketty... (someone is going to say NEd Colletti would hang up)

Adam Dunn is an Elite Player in the League... Maybe not a Pujols or anything, but Damn... Give the guy some Credit... If this team actually traded Adam Dunn staight up for Kemp, that would be a huge error. Adam Dunn is a guaranteed Hitter with 4+ years of MONSTER Production... You only have a small sample size to go off Kemp... So he may or may not be the 30 HR hitter everyone thinks he will be... But with a proven comodity as Adam Dunn, you know what you are getting...

I would make the Dunn for Kemp trade before the Dodgers came to their senses.

No way the Dodgers are that dumb though. The Reds would (and should if given the opportunity)have to sweeten the pot.

Quote Originally Posted by 44Magnum View Post
    I would make the Dunn for Kemp trade before the Dodgers came to their senses.

No way the Dodgers are that dumb though. The Reds would (and should if given the opportunity)have to sweeten the pot.
    Yeah, we should just Trade Adam Dunn for an unproven hitter with potential...

It beats 16 mil for a lame outfielder.

Yeah, we should just Trade Adam Dunn for an unproven hitter with potential...
    A young CHEAP player with unlimited potentail for an Adam Dunn half-season rental is the kind of a deal that could make the Reds a contender next season and beyond.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    A young CHEAP player with unlimited potentail for an Adam Dunn half-season rental is the kind of a deal that could make the Reds a contender next season and beyond.
    The Dodgers would have to put another player like a PITCHER in there...

Like Billingsly and Kemp is a Fair value Trade for the Reds

The Dodgers would only be getting Dunn's production (which I think is awesome, by the way - I'm a huge Dunn fan and constant defender) for half the year. We'd get Kemp for, what, the rest of this year plus another, and then 3 years of arbitration? You can't just look at it like they get Adam Dunn and we get Matt Kemp. It's they get Dunn for 3-4 months, we get Kemp for close to 5 years, with leverage to sign him long term.

I don't even think the Dodgers would throw in a second tier prospect, much less either or both of their best young arms.

You've got it backwards. Kemp by being younger, and being able to field an important defensive position, is more valuable than Dunn. Defense matters in the majors, a lot. The Reds would have to throw in an arm to make the deal fair.

And Kemp is not unproven, this is his third year in the majors, and he has put excellent offensive numbers while playing in a pitchers park. And he is most likely only going to get better.

And absolutely no way any sane person would ever consider trading Bruce for Dunn. Bruce is twice the player Dunn already, and is only going to get better. Clearly, you are guilty of overvaluing Dunn, in the most egregious way.

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    You've got it backwards. Kemp by being younger, and being able to field an important defensive position, is more valuable than Dunn. Defense matters in the majors, a lot. The Reds would have to throw in an arm to make the deal fair.

And Kemp is not unproven, this is his third year in the majors, and he has put excellent offensive numbers while playing in a pitchers park. And he is most likely only going to get better.

And absolutely no way any sane person would ever consider trading Bruce for Dunn. Bruce is twice the player Dunn already, and is only going to get better. Clearly, you are guilty of overvaluing Dunn, in the most egregious way.
    NO, I am not. I said if Dunn was on another team and the Reds were interested. Everyone here including you would probably say Team X would Demand any Deal Starting with Bruce...

And thats the way it is...

You Undervalue the Reds players. And the notion of the Dodgers only getting 1/2 a Season... Oh well, Trades like that have been going on and on for, oh, the past 20 years or so... and they can get the 72 Hour deal to nebotiate a LTC... But wait... It is only, whatever... No way is Adam Dunn worth only Matt Kemp, oh and to the guys who said he is proven... He didn't even play 100 Games last year (98 to be exact) and the year beofe that is was 52 games... His season High for AB's is only 292 last year... So he is far from established...

Attention: I am not saying Kemp is a "bad player" or he is a joke, or anything like that... I think he has Great Potential... That being said... It is Potential... As for the next few years of him being Cheap... Yeah, thats the point, he may be a .280 hitter with 15 Homer Power, and that may be his production... Not bad Stats... But he may also be a .330-30-100-30 Guy... You don't know do you? I don't and you all certainly do not... So what you have here is a guy who has potential... The Dodgers are getting a bonafide Power Hitter with 4+ Years of a RESUME... Oh and they have the ability to negotiate a LTC with him... Just like The Mets did with Johan Santana, and all the other teams that have ever traded for a guy and asked for a 72 Hour window...

So if the Reds Trade Adam Dunn, and the Dodgers are able to sign him to a 6 year deal throgh the 72 hour window... You better darn sure expect a couple players in Return for that...

You guys who think The Dodgers are getting Ripped in a Deal when they get Adam Dunn and give up Matt Kemp, probably just need to become Dodgers fans.

If you went to the Dodgers with those demands they would laugh at you and say no thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Lockdwn11 View Post
    If you went to the Dodgers with those demands they would laugh at you and say no thanks.
    Then I would just keep my player.

NO, I am not. I said if Dunn was on another team and the Reds were interested. Everyone here including you would probably say Team X would Demand any Deal Starting with Bruce...

And thats the way it is...

You Undervalue the Reds players. And the notion of the Dodgers only getting 1/2 a Season... Oh well, Trades like that have been going on and on for, oh, the past 20 years or so... and they can get the 72 Hour deal to nebotiate a LTC... But wait... It is only, whatever... No way is Adam Dunn worth only Matt Kemp, oh and to the guys who said he is proven... He didn't even play 100 Games last year (98 to be exact) and the year beofe that is was 52 games... His season High for AB's is only 292 last year... So he is far from established...

Attention: I am not saying Kemp is a "bad player" or he is a joke, or anything like that... I think he has Great Potential... That being said... It is Potential... As for the next few years of him being Cheap... Yeah, thats the point, he may be a .280 hitter with 15 Homer Power, and that may be his production... Not bad Stats... But he may also be a .330-30-100-30 Guy... You don't know do you? I don't and you all certainly do not... So what you have here is a guy who has potential... The Dodgers are getting a bonafide Power Hitter with 4+ Years of a RESUME... Oh and they have the ability to negotiate a LTC with him... Just like The Mets did with Johan Santana, and all the other teams that have ever traded for a guy and asked for a 72 Hour window...

So if the Reds Trade Adam Dunn, and the Dodgers are able to sign him to a 6 year deal throgh the 72 hour window... You better darn sure expect a couple players in Return for that...

You guys who think The Dodgers are getting Ripped in a Deal when they get Adam Dunn and give up Matt Kemp, probably just need to become Dodgers fans.
    If we Undervalue Dunn and he should bring us all you say he should .Why did the Texans Demands start and end with Josh Hamilton? I mean if Dunn is as valuable as you say why wouldn't they demand Dunn? Now think about that and you will see who Overvalues Dunn and who is right. In my opinion of course

I mean look at it like this you would want a #2 starter and a potenial all-star CFer for Adam Dunn. Who would do that ?

Turn Off Ads?