Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: ORG Thread says Kemp (LA Dodgers) for Dunn

Re: ORG Thread says Kemp (LA Dodgers) for Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by Lockdwn11 View Post
    If we Undervalue Dunn and he should bring us all you say he should .Why did the Texans Demands start and end with Josh Hamilton? I mean if Dunn is as valuable as you say why wouldn't they demand Dunn? Now think about that and you will see who Overvalues Dunn and who is right. In my opinion of course
    Only an Idiot would have accepted Edinson Volquez straight up for Dunn last offseason. Who would have known he would be 9-1 In his starts this year?

Hamilton was Worth Volquez, yeah... But look what Hamilton is doing... Those players both had Potential to be Stars... And they are going at it like that...

Your comparison is silly really...

The Rangers were not going to come up with Volquez and his 3-11 record and go...

"Ok Cincinnati, we want Adam Dunn and his 40 Homers for this unproven guy with a 3-11 record"

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Lockdwn11 View Post
    I mean look at it like this you would want a #2 starter and a potenial all-star CFer for Adam Dunn. Who would do that ?
    http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/player...playerId=28476

This is Adam Dunn's page over at ESPN...

Go take a gander at that before you say things like that.

Forgive me if I think Adam Dunn is an Awesome Talent and Worth Something.

Quote Originally Posted by Hondo View Post
    Then I would just keep my player.
    And finish last this season and beyond.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    And finish last this season and beyond.
    Dude you build winners with guys like Adam Dunn... I am not saying he is A-Rod but he is not the reason this team sucks right now... It has to do with using Re-Treads most of the year until now in the 5th Starters Hole, and using Corey Patterson as the lead off Hitter... Oh, and not having a right handed Hitter to balance the middle of the Lineup... (Don't come up with, there ya go in Kemp, he is not a proven Clean Up Hitter)

Adam Dunn is not the problem.

How are any of you Reds fans that think this way? No Offense? But I have been following Adam Dunn since he was Drafted and Love the guy.

Ok let me just say, if you think Adam Dunn will bring us a #2 starter and a potenial all-star CFer in any trade your not living in the real world but I sure hope your right and I'm wrong.

Dude you build winners with guys like Adam Dunn... I am not saying he is A-Rod but he is not the reason this team sucks right now... It has to do with using Re-Treads most of the year until now in the 5th Starters Hole, and using Corey Patterson as the lead off Hitter... Oh, and not having a right handed Hitter to balance the middle of the Lineup... (Don't come up with, there ya go in Kemp, he is not a proven Clean Up Hitter)

How are any of you Reds fans that think this way? No Offense? But I have been following Adam Dunn since he was Drafted and Love the guy.
    You dont build winners around poor defensive guys who are laid back and dont hit in the clutch.

Definitely would move Dunn for Kemp, but the Dodgers wouldn't.

Hondo I wish you were a GM for another team so we could dump Dunn on you for the kings ransom.

So if I am realistic about the value of Adam Dunn I am not real reds fans?
    Last edited by Lockdwn11; 06-11-2008 at 05:02 PM.

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

The Dodgers would have to put another player like a PITCHER in there...

Like Billingsly and Kemp is a Fair value Trade for the Reds
    Hondo, I agree with you that many reds fans (here especially), undervalue Adam. But, that being said, I think you are OVER-valueing him. Look, I like Adam. I'd love it if he stayed with the Reds for his career. Unfortunately, he simply doesn't fit with this team currently. He's a mediocre-to-poor defender on a team that DESPERATELY needs quality defenders. He's a non-agressive power hitter who hits for little to no average. When what we need is a cleanup hitter who also makes consistant contact. Not a walk/strikeout machine. His power is tremendous, but in this ballpark...just "good" power is sufficient. He is a left handed hitter in a lineup overloaded with lefthanded hitters.

So the way I look at it is what is easier to do, trade 1 Adam Dunn, or make multiple changes to your roster to work around Adam Dunn? I'd say it's easier to move ONE player than multiple players. Now look at the numbers side of it. He's got half a year left on his current contract. Kemp is basically in the same situation as Votto is in terms of service time. Kemp's got a bunch of time left before he even reaches major contract time. If we re-sign Dunn, it'll be a hefty sum of money to be sure. We all know Adam likes playing in Cincy and he "may" be willing to give the Reds a home-town discount per say...but even IF that happens, it's gonna be a BIG contract to carry around. We've got SEVERAL young players who are going to be needing raises in the next few years and a large Dunn contract will hinder those signings.

So, we either re-sign Adam to a LTC and then make several other changes to make this lineup work cohesively...or we deal dunn this year and begin the change for next year (when we'll be really competeing anyway).

Lastly, I don't think LA would trade Kemp for Dunn straight up unless they got a guarentee of an extension from Adam. And I don't see Adam wanting to play for LA. He loves cincy and his home is in texas. If he agrees to go anywhere I think it'll be closer to home for him.

Is this all because both of you are from Texas?

I love Adam Dunn. He's my favorite player on the Reds. I defend him constantly to my friends who hate him. But if the Reds aren't going to sign him long term, then unloading Dunn for the rest of the year to get Kemp for 4.5 more years is a great trade I'd take in an instant.

Quote Originally Posted by levydl View Post
    Is this all because both of you are from Texas?

I love Adam Dunn. He's my favorite player on the Reds. I defend him constantly to my friends who hate him. But if the Reds aren't going to sign him long term, then unloading Dunn for the rest of the year to get Kemp for 4.5 more years is a great trade I'd take in an instant.
    DING DING DING!!!! We have a winner Bob!!

PEACE

-BLEEDS
    I think that in a year or two, one of these guys - Frazier, Dorn, Valaika, Cumberland, Stubbs - will be ready to replace Dunn. They won't hit as many home runs as Dunn, but they should have similar OPS. - 757690, July 22, 2008

Alonso will be playing 1B for the REDS and batting 4th one year from today. - Kingspoint, July 9, 2009

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

You're right of course BLEEDS (and levydl), but the real question is do you think the Reds SHOULD sign Dunn to a LTC or deal him?

Quote Originally Posted by Phillips Head View Post
    kemp would hit 30 in GAB, that would be an excellent deal for the reds...

we'd actually have our cleanup hitter we are complaining for...
    I agree.

I take that deal in a heart beat.

thorn

Hell, I'd do that trade even if we did sign Dunn long term, save millions and get a better player at a premium position. Put Votto in LF and build around Votto, Bruce, Kemp, Phillips and a host of others.

Turn Off Ads?