Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: ORG Thread says Kemp (LA Dodgers) for Dunn

Re: ORG Thread says Kemp (LA Dodgers) for Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by Lockdwn11 View Post
    So if I am realistic about the value of Adam Dunn I am not real reds fans?
    You are not realistic...

Everyone on here said it was going to take Bruce, Cueto and others to get Bedard earlier... Well, it took a long haul from the Mariners to get him...

Oh, and I don't live in Texas anymore and am not from texas.

I don't care how many of you other posters think Dunn isn't worth a couple players... You are all wrong.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Matt Kemp is going to be a all-star for years to come, I think everything that can be said about him already has been. I would do that deal in a second. Even Bailey and Dunn for Kemp probably.
    "The Hall of Fame is there to keep alive the memory of people. You don't need to do that with people like Buck [O'Niel] and Joe [Nuxhall]. Nobody's forgetting those guys."

- Joe Posnanski

Quote Originally Posted by Hondo View Post
    You are not realistic...

Everyone on here said it was going to take Bruce, Cueto and others to get Bedard earlier... Well, it took a long haul from the Mariners to get him...

Oh, and I don't live in Texas anymore and am not from texas.

I don't care how many of you other posters think Dunn isn't worth a couple players... You are all wrong.
    While I can't agree with you, I admire your conviction Hondo. Way to be a majority of one! Never give up, no matter what anyone says.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephenk29 View Post
    Matt Kemp is going to be a all-star for years to come, I think everything that can be said about him already has been. I would do that deal in a second. Even Bailey and Dunn for Kemp probably.
    Oh yeah, you are correct. The guy is deffinatly an All-Start this year huh?

Batting .299 (not bad) with 5 homers and 38 RBI

Projected to go .299-13-99-29 steals with 164 K

Those sure are All-Star Numbers for years and years to come...

Adam Dunn is over rated and you guys are all CORRECT. Most of the Reds players suck, and should not be expected to bring anything in return...

Adam Dunn had been an All-Star once in his entire career. Guess we're still undervaluing him. I don't think we're the only ones.

Kemp's 29 steals, 99 RBIs (which will be pretty close to Dunn), exponentially better defense , youth, and cheap salary is something in return. I think your forgetting the fact that his contract is up after this season. We have nearly zero leverage in a trade situation. No one is going to pay that much for a 4 month rental.
    "The Hall of Fame is there to keep alive the memory of people. You don't need to do that with people like Buck [O'Niel] and Joe [Nuxhall]. Nobody's forgetting those guys."

- Joe Posnanski

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hondo View Post
    Oh yeah, you are correct. The guy is deffinatly an All-Start this year huh?

Batting .299 (not bad) with 5 homers and 38 RBI

Projected to go .299-13-99-29 steals with 164 K

Those sure are All-Star Numbers for years and years to come...

Adam Dunn is over rated and you guys are all CORRECT. Most of the Reds players suck, and should not be expected to bring anything in return...
    Hondo, don't get defensive now...you're making a nice argument, don't ditch it now. :O)

I think the big thing people are overlooking is the fact that they're comparing Dunn and Kemp as similar players. They're not. I also see many here suggesting that Kemp be our cleanup hitter. Personally, I see him as a lead-off hitter. Hits for a very good average and has excellent speed. He doesn't K much either. I'd prefer to see him walk at a bit higher clip, but all in all he's a pretty good solution to our current CF/Leadoff shortage. His defense will also improve the results from our pitching staff.

I agree with you that Kemp is not an all star. Will he become one? It's possible, he's certainly got the skills. But you've also got to admit that Dunn isn't an all star either. Sure, he'll hit a ton of HR's, but compared to other NL outfielders his batting average will simply never stack up with them. So that basically makes him a one-trick pony. Those types of players generally don't make it as all stars.

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    Hondo, don't get defensive now...you're making a nice argument, don't ditch it now. :O)

I think the big thing people are overlooking is the fact that they're comparing Dunn and Kemp as similar players. They're not. I also see many here suggesting that Kemp be our cleanup hitter. Personally, I see him as a lead-off hitter. Hits for a very good average and has excellent speed. He doesn't K much either. I'd prefer to see him walk at a bit higher clip, but all in all he's a pretty good solution to our current CF/Leadoff shortage. His defense will also improve the results from our pitching staff.

I agree with you that Kemp is not an all star. Will he become one? It's possible, he's certainly got the skills. But you've also got to admit that Dunn isn't an all star either. Sure, he'll hit a ton of HR's, but compared to other NL outfielders his batting average will simply never stack up with them. So that basically makes him a one-trick pony. Those types of players generally don't make it as all stars.

Finally a Reasonable argument... I agree that Dunn may not be an All-Star this year. But You are correct... We don't actually know what Kemp will be... The other point is that the Dodgers could get the 72 hour window to sign him to a LTC so it would not be a 3-4 month rental...

But anyway, thanks for your Post... I can deal with your Debate.

I'd take Matt Kemp straight-up at this point, and so would most every GM in baseball. When you factor in that Dunn makes about 32x as much money, and is a free agent in about 3 months - it's a no-brainer.

This is *real* baseball, Hondo. Not rotisserie.

Baseball tonight this evening was saying the Dodgers would consider trading Brad Penny for a power bat as the trade deadline approaches. Anybody think they would consider Penny and Kemp for Dunn along with maybe 2 prospects? Possibly even Penny for Dunn even swap? I haven't heard anything about this, but it was an interesting thought when I heard it. I'm tired of that guy handing it to us every time he toes the rubber in cincy.

Quote Originally Posted by LexingtonLegend View Post
    Baseball tonight this evening was saying the Dodgers would consider trading Brad Penny for a power bat as the trade deadline approaches. Anybody think they would consider Penny and Kemp for Dunn along with maybe 2 prospects? Possibly even Penny for Dunn even swap? I haven't heard anything about this, but it was an interesting thought when I heard it. I'm tired of that guy handing it to us every time he toes the rubber in cincy.

Dunn for Brad Penny, Matt Kemp, *and* two prospects??

Honestly, we should probably hold out for more.

There is no way the Dodgers are going to trade Kemp for Dunn so its really moot to even discuss it. Tommy Lasorda does not run the team anymore.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Quote Originally Posted by PTI (pti) View Post

Dunn for Brad Penny, Matt Kemp, *and* two prospects??

Honestly, we should probably hold out for more.
    I didn't say Dunn for Penny, Kemp, and prospects.....

I said Penny and Kemp for Dunn and 2 additional REDS prospects

Quote Originally Posted by LexingtonLegend View Post
    I didn't say Dunn for Penny, Kemp, and prospects.....

I said Penny and Kemp for Dunn and 2 additional REDS prospects
    Throw in Homer. The Cali mindset and bigger park could do him wonders.
    I have a love-hate relationship with Albert Pujols. Mostly hate.

I'm a big Dunn fan but I would okay this deal, however I do not think the Dodgers would.

Dunn for Kemp or Penny. The Reds just need to move Dunn! He's an anchor on an airplane.

Turn Off Ads?