Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pujols: Obviously a roids/HGH user, or do you have doubts?

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

Pujols: Obviously a roids/HGH user, or do you have doubts?

There have been rumblings about Pujols (like his personal trainer a couple years ago having close ties to steroids and HGH) but for the most part it seems he gets a free pass from the media. However, everything about him screams performance enhancing drugs to me.

Everyone complained the last time (McGwire, Sosa, etc.) that not enough sportswriters were asking the tough questions. People said everyone was buring their head in the sand when it was clear certain players were using. You don't need a drug test to tell you that Bret Boone was on something the year he hit 37 HRs for the Mariners. Well, the exact same thing is happening right now IMO. Pujols seems pretty obvious to me, but maybe I have the minority opinion there.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Pujols: Obviously a roids/HGH user, or do you have doubts?

Anecdotally his body type, muscular and ripped, screams PEDs. However, that is not proof of anything.
    What are you, people? On dope? - Mr Hand

Stat Wanker Hodiernus RedsManRick's Avatar

You cannot PED your way in to that batting eye and ability to make contact with the ball. Maybe he's used, maybe not. But he's one heck of a ball player either way. I think it's worth noting that his body has not changed since the new testing measures went in to place. Guys like McGwire, Sosa, and Bonds -- not to mention Boone -- seriously "deflated".
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsManRick View Post
    You cannot PED your way in to that batting eye and ability to make contact with the ball. Maybe he's used, maybe not. But he's one heck of a ball player either way. I think it's worth noting that his body has not changed since the new testing measures went in to place. Guys like McGwire, Sosa, and Bonds -- not to mention Boone -- seriously "deflated".
    if someone was using HGH I don't know how they would get caught.
    What are you, people? On dope? - Mr Hand

I think it's fairly obvious.
    redsrule2500
    Go Reds!
    Baseball Bliss
    Im a normal guy blessed with the ability to hit a baseball. - Sean Casey

Charlie Brown All-Star IslandRed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by flyer85 View Post
    Anecdotally his body type, muscular and ripped, screams PEDs. However, that is not proof of anything.
    I don't know if Pujols has or hasn't. It's just unfortunate that there are going to be whispers about any big muscular guy, as if there were no big muscular players in baseball before PEDs. I mean, if Ted Kluszewski was playing today, he'd be right at the top of the "he's gotta be juicing" hit list.
    Not all who wander are lost

I don't think he is a cheater at all.

Just because a guy is big it means he is a cheater?

Now if a guy went from scrawny to huge in a short amount of time it would be another story. But Pujols has always been big. His body shape does not scream PEDs to me. He is a bit pudgy with plenty of flab. He is not solid muscle by any means.

It is very possible to be big and strong without taking drugs. Good genetics and hard work in the weight room often results in strength and power. No cheating required.

If you play for Tony LaRussa, you should be a suspect. I am not sure if he used and no one is, but all signs point to it. You also wonder if some of the injuries and related to PEDs.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

For me,until someone is proven to be a user there is a doubt. Even with McGwire and Sosa I have very little doubt they used it but some doubt just because it wasn't proven. Unlike Palmeiro,it was proven.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Has he tested positive?

Was Hal Morris obviously not using PEDS as well?

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Has he tested positive?

Was Hal Morris obviously not using PEDS as well?
    There are hundreds of players that haven't tested positive and many of them have been caught in other ways.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by Jpup View Post
    There are hundreds of players that haven't tested positive and many of them have been caught in other ways.
    What's the exact definition of "many" in relation to "hundreds"?

Otherwise it all sounds like conjecture to me.

While I suspect him, I (and as far as everyone else) have no proof.

It will be interesting to see how fast he recovers from his calf injury. If he recovers quickly, like he has from other injuries in the past, that would indicate that he is doing something that isn't above board.

Unfortunately, unless someone implicates him with proof (like a prescription) there is no way to find out because baseball doesn't test for HGH and they only test urine for steroids, so it, I believe, can be masked.

If he recovers quickly, like he has from other injuries in the past, that would indicate that he is doing something that isn't above board.
    Or he could be a quick healer.

Or have the ability to play through high levels of pain

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Or he could be a quick healer.

Or have the ability to play through high levels of pain
    You sir, a much better person that I. I just can't give him the benefit of the doubt.

Turn Off Ads?