Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pujols: Obviously a roids/HGH user, or do you have doubts?

Re: Pujols: Obviously a roids/HGH user, or do you have doubts?

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz Dorsey View Post
    And the media seemingly goes out of its way to give him a free pass. No one wants to "jump the gun." However, what happened to all the people who were calling out sportswriters for looking the other way when it was obvious guys like Canseco, McGwire, Sosa and Bonds were using? It took federal investigators to get involved before any of the sportswriters had the guts to do a little something called investigative journalism.

The book "Game of Shadows" is great. It would be even better if it would have came out before everyone except Barry Bonds' kids knew he did 'roids. Game of Shadows just tells us what we pretty much already knew. How about someone getting out in front of the curve for a change.
    There is some "proof" out there about Pujols, but no one wants to rock the boat.
    Isn't that post reserved for the network news?

2. Turn Off Ads?
    RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gonelong View Post
    I suspect, but I won't accuse.
    I think it's within the realm of possibility, but I won't go so far as to say I suspect. I do think it's mean-spirited to unfurl the accusation the day after the guy suffers a serious injury in our favorite team's stadium.
    /r/reds

nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post

Otherwise it all sounds like conjecture to me.
    This whole thread is one ginormous conjecture.
    sorry we're boring

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    To be fair there have several interesting links to Pujols and PED's. This isn't nearly as wild as it may seem on the surface.
    And Jr is both friends with Bonds and has worked out with him.

We know about .0001% of what we would need to know to form a reliable opinion.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Hal Morris? He was tall, but I don't remember him being muscular. He certainly wasn't sculpted like Pujols, nor is Adam Dunn.
    Last edited by TeamBoone; 06-11-2008 at 07:07 PM.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by TeamBoone View Post
    Hal Morris? He was tall, but I don't remember him being muscular. He certainly wasn't sculpted like Pujols, nor is Adam Dunn.
    Yep, but he used.

All dyslexics must untie!

Is Albert clean?

Do the NBA refs always call 'em like they see 'em?
    Never overlook the obvious

smells of rich mahogany deltachi8's Avatar

jimmy cracked corn....
    Nothing to see here. Please disperse.

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz Dorsey View Post
    And since someone brought it up, yeah, I definitely think Josh Hamilton has used PEDs.

He will smoke crack but won't do something undetectable that will help him in his profession? C'mon. The guy has probably used HGH, IMO.
    Um, bit of a difference, no?

I don't see the he smoked rock so he does HGH relation. Half the NBA smokes weed, so does that equate to shoving a needle in their rear end too?
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

What brought this accusation (thread) on? Because he got hurt, or has struggled with injury?

So has Jr.

What about our own "HGH" Hairston? Not much is ever said about that.

Man! I've never seen such hatred for a ballplayer like I have for Albert on this forum over the years. Is it simply jealousy? Or the fact he is a member of a division rival (Cards)?

If he was wearing a Red's uni (and I wish he was), we wouldn't accept such a notion, and would be vehemently defending the guy.

I would love to have a player of the caliber of a Pujols on this team. Of the current "generation" of ballplayers, guys like him (and Chipper Jones) really impress me with not only there individual performance; but also their leadership, and that somehow they cause the players around them to raise the level of their play.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

This thread is sad on so many levels.
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

This thread is a microcosm of the many ways I find Redszone frustrating. And there's probably some truth in here.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Turn Off Ads?