Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: June 11 Minor League Game Updates

Re: June 11 Minor League Game Updates

Danny hurt his shoulder after a collision at 1st with the base
    runner.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Frazier is heading towards a .900 OPS in Sarasota (.857 now).

Dorn update: Danny Dorn bruised some ribs and will be day to day.

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

"Dorn, get in front of that damn ball. Don't give me any of this o-lay B.S!"

"My contract says I don't have to field ground ball in practice."

*Manager urinating on contract*

Quote Originally Posted by HBP View Post
    Frazier is heading towards a .900 OPS in Sarasota (.857 now).
    If he keeps this up he might be in line to join Stubbs with a promotion to Chattanooga at the All-Star Break. Like I said before, it will be interesting to see who makes it to Cincy first- Stubbs, Frazier, or Alonso.
    Go BLUE!!!

My money's on Frazier.

Besides production in the minors, I'm guessing that it depends mostly on what the Reds do this offseason (and trade deadline) Move Dunn, and try Votto out in left, then Alonso has a clear path.

Move Dunn, but keep Votto at first, and now both Stubbs & Frazier have a path in the outfield.

Move Edwin (or lose faith) and Frazier has a clear path (though Kepp could play a role at the 3rd base spot)

Fail to sign a solid CF/lead-off type, and Stubbs could be pushed a bit quicker.

And then, depending on how things go, none of these 3 could make the Reds in the next season, or out of spring training the following year. If Mes continues to hit, progress to High A next year, then AA out of spring training the following year, he could get a call when a catcher gets hurt prior to the previous 3. There's not much in the catching pipeline, some OK filler, but nothing that is going to shout at you to call up and fill a spot on the 25 man roster for a 15-30 day stint while somebody is on the mend.

I think Frazier will hit so well that it will be impossible to keep him down. Just like Jay Bruce. This is how the players who really matter get to the majors--not based on other moves the club is making, but by forcing clubs to rearrange their priorities in order to make space for them. I think Frazier is in this category of player. I think Stubbs will be the club's center fielder by 2010, but his offensive skills are obviously not such that he can force the club to move him to his level. Frazier's are.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Did Dickerson get hurt?

He's been on fire his last 10 games including his last game on June 8th where he had 3 hits, some RBI's, runs, and a SB.

He hasn't played since, and those lousy Minor League websites, Louisville in this case, says absolutely nothing about him, at least last night they hadn't.
    I checked under Louisville transactions, and Dickerson has not been placed on the DL. He may have had an injury, but if he did, it would be day-to-day.

nvm... see post below

I expected to see some sort of a drop off after his move up to A+, but that is pretty darn consistent right there. Especially impressive is the fact that he is doing it in the FSL. A .756 OPS against Righties certainly isn't bad in the FSL, but it is something I'd like to see him improve on.

Code:
    Team	League	AVG	G	AB	R	H	2B	3B	HR	RBI	TB	BB	SO	SB	CS	OBP	SLG	OPS
    DAY	MID	0.321	30	112	25	36	10	0	7	20	67	15	28	4	2	0.402	0.598	1.000
    SAR	FSL	0.304	30	112	19	34	5	1	5	22	56	12	28	1	1	0.370	0.500	0.870

Turn Off Ads?