Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Dunn and EE for Kemp?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    23 60.53%
  • No

    15 39.47%
Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Trade idea: Dunn and EE for Kemp

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    SW Ohio
    Posts
    434

    Trade idea: Dunn and EE for Kemp

    Since there is no way in their right minds that the Dodgers would trade Kemp straight up for Dunn, what does everyone think of this deal?

    We already know what you think Hondo. Just kiddin' around with you man.
    80% of the earth is covered by water. The other 20% is covered by Eric Davis.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    SW Ohio
    Posts
    434

    Re: Trade idea: Dunn and EE for Kemp

    EE is simply to sweeten the pot. If the Dodgers want to throw in Penny, so be it.
    80% of the earth is covered by water. The other 20% is covered by Eric Davis.

  4. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Chapel Hill NC
    Posts
    3,279

    Re: Trade idea: Dunn and EE for Kemp

    How old is Kemp?

  5. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Weatherford, Texas
    Posts
    2,125

    Re: Trade idea: Dunn and EE for Kemp

    Kemp is 24, but you guys need to read the other Thread... This Dunn for 1 player is ridiculous...

  6. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Blue Ash
    Posts
    2,616

    Re: Trade idea: Dunn and EE for Kemp

    I like EE, but I'd do the trade.
    Who's on first?

  7. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,344

    Re: Trade idea: Dunn and EE for Kemp

    I think that just leaves you with another hole to fill and one less player to utilize to that end.
    FIRE DUSTY BAKER

    ADOPT THIS SIGNATURE IN SOLIDARITY!!!

  8. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    2,161

    Re: Trade idea: Dunn and EE for Kemp

    Dunn, EE, and Bailey for Kemp, Penny, and FODDER (including pitching prospects).

    DONE and DUNN.

    PEACE

    -BLEEDS
    I think that in a year or two, one of these guys - Frazier, Dorn, Valaika, Cumberland, Stubbs - will be ready to replace Dunn. They won't hit as many home runs as Dunn, but they should have similar OPS. - 757690, July 22, 2008

    Alonso will be playing 1B for the REDS and batting 4th one year from today. - Kingspoint, July 9, 2009

  9. #8
    OOOOH YEEEAHHHH!! CarolinaRedleg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Greensboro, NC
    Posts
    596

    Re: Trade idea: Dunn and EE for Kemp

    I think (once they're back, of course) Keppinger or Hairston could probably handle playing 3B with EE gone. From there, stick Janish or whichever one of those two isn't playing third that day at SS. Once Gonzo's back, he and Janish hold down that position. Maybe not the best defensive left side, but there is some versatility available with those four players.

  10. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    2,161

    Re: Trade idea: Dunn and EE for Kemp

    Quote Originally Posted by CarolinaRedleg View Post
    I think (once they're back, of course) Keppinger or Hairston could probably handle playing 3B with EE gone. From there, stick Janish or whichever one of those two isn't playing third that day at SS. Once Gonzo's back, he and Janish hold down that position. Maybe not the best defensive left side, but there is some versatility available with those four players.
    Can you be a little LESS understated than that?

    Keppinger at 3rd, Hairston at SS?!?! Could be the worst defensive left side in all of MLB in 2008, perhaps of all time.

    PEACE

    -BLEEDS
    I think that in a year or two, one of these guys - Frazier, Dorn, Valaika, Cumberland, Stubbs - will be ready to replace Dunn. They won't hit as many home runs as Dunn, but they should have similar OPS. - 757690, July 22, 2008

    Alonso will be playing 1B for the REDS and batting 4th one year from today. - Kingspoint, July 9, 2009

  11. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    539

    Re: Trade idea: Dunn and EE for Kemp

    Atleast they will make the routine plays that EE has trouble hitting the firstbaseman with.

  12. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    661

    Re: Trade idea: Dunn and EE for Kemp

    I'd definitely make the deal but I'm not sure how much interest the Dodgers would have in EE. They already have two quality, young 3Bs in Blake DeWitt and Andy LaRoche... where would EE fit in?


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25