Turn Off Ads?
Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Another random trade idea. EE for Willy Taveras.

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    SW Ohio
    Posts
    434

    Another random trade idea. EE for Willy Taveras.

    Bat him leadoff and play him in CF.
    Maybe EE could get it together in Colorado.
    Thoughts?
    80% of the earth is covered by water. The other 20% is covered by Eric Davis.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    6

    Re: Another random trade idea. EE for Willy Taveras.

    EE is still relatively young and has shown flashes of being very good, But the bottom line is he is too inconsistent and is simply not producing like a corner infielder should. Taveras would add speed and defense, something this team desperately needs.

    I would think you may be able to get Taveras and a low level high ceiling prospect given EE's age and capability. Kepp could be sufficient at 3rd until one of the Reds 3b prospects is ready for a shot at the bigs. (Frazier, Francisco, Waring)

  4. #3
    I'm gettin paper Homer Bailey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    4,689

    Re: Another random trade idea. EE for Willy Taveras.

    I don't think EE has very much trade value, and Colorado has Garret Atkins. I don't think this trade would work very much. Taveras' lifetime OBP of .332 OPS of .674 wouldn't be much of a help either. He's just another Corey Patterson.

  5. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Weatherford, Texas
    Posts
    2,125

    Re: Another random trade idea. EE for Willy Taveras.

    Quote Originally Posted by Homer Bailey View Post
    I don't think EE has very much trade value, and Colorado has Garret Atkins. I don't think this trade would work very much. Taveras' lifetime OBP of .332 OPS of .674 wouldn't be much of a help either. He's just another Corey Patterson.
    Yeah, I am pretty sure there is a League Rule now concerning how many Corey Patterson's you can have on your 25 man roster at one time...

    I want No part of Taveras, but I would trade Patterson for him...

  6. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,344

    Re: Another random trade idea. EE for Willy Taveras.

    No.
    FIRE DUSTY BAKER

    ADOPT THIS SIGNATURE IN SOLIDARITY!!!


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25