Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 28 of 28

Thread: June 12th Minor League Game Updates

  1. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    Phoenix, Az
    Posts
    581

    Re: June 12th Minor League Game Updates

    Quote Originally Posted by 11larkin11 View Post
    Minor League Threads don't seem as fun as they were since the Boss got called up

    Don't worry, they'll get fun again once the rookie leagues start and once Mr. Alonso makes his entrance into the Reds system.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #17
    The Boss dougdirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    35,575

    Re: June 12th Minor League Game Updates

    Quote Originally Posted by 11larkin11 View Post
    Minor League Threads don't seem as fun as they were since the Boss got called up
    I have also noticed that. The lack of participation from others has gone down the crapper. I am excited for tomorrow's game thread when maybe Kyle Lotzkar making his debut on the season will draw some interaction and hopefully some excitement from the minor league followers.

  4. #18
    Member 11larkin11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Bellefontaine,OH
    Posts
    2,332

    Re: June 12th Minor League Game Updates

    Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    I have also noticed that. The lack of participation from others has gone down the crapper. I am excited for tomorrow's game thread when maybe Kyle Lotzkar making his debut on the season will draw some interaction and hopefully some excitement from the minor league followers.
    If I didn't have a game myself I would be here to watch. I was really high on Lotzkar coming in and am excited to see him. Maybe he will dominate and force the Reds hand to keep him there like Mez this year and Bruce last year in AAA, but I am sure no matter how well he does he will be back down in Billings on the 19th to start the season. Doug, any word on how he has looked in Extended ST?
    Domo Arigato, Here Comes Joey Votto

    ---TRF

    "I do what I want to do and say what I want to say."

    --Bronson Arroyo

  5. #19
    The Boss dougdirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    35,575

    Re: June 12th Minor League Game Updates

    Quote Originally Posted by 11larkin11 View Post
    If I didn't have a game myself I would be here to watch. I was really high on Lotzkar coming in and am excited to see him. Maybe he will dominate and force the Reds hand to keep him there like Mez this year and Bruce last year in AAA, but I am sure no matter how well he does he will be back down in Billings on the 19th to start the season. Doug, any word on how he has looked in Extended ST?
    I haven't heard much on him from EST since in April, which doesn't tell us a whole lot. It will be interesting to see what they do with Lotzkar regardless of how he does. I think he could succeed in Dayton if they choose to keep him there. No offense to the current Dragons starters, but they aren't exactly getting the job done right now. Matt Klinker is the only starter on the staff with an ERA under 5 (and he is sitting pretty with a 3.14 ERA) while the rest of the starters are at 5.02, 5.32, 6.20 and 8.76.

  6. #20
    Member 11larkin11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Bellefontaine,OH
    Posts
    2,332

    Re: June 12th Minor League Game Updates

    Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    I haven't heard much on him from EST since in April, which doesn't tell us a whole lot. It will be interesting to see what they do with Lotzkar regardless of how he does. I think he could succeed in Dayton if they choose to keep him there. No offense to the current Dragons starters, but they aren't exactly getting the job done right now. Matt Klinker is the only starter on the staff with an ERA under 5 (and he is sitting pretty with a 3.14 ERA) while the rest of the starters are at 5.02, 5.32, 6.20 and 8.76.
    I was just wondering after tonight how much longer they were going to keep Partch in the rotation. With the rotation in shambles, you think Shunick could start here?
    Domo Arigato, Here Comes Joey Votto

    ---TRF

    "I do what I want to do and say what I want to say."

    --Bronson Arroyo

  7. #21
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Amarillo,Texas
    Posts
    4,370

    Re: June 12th Minor League Game Updates

    Louisville recap: Bats won 4-3

    Justin Mallett: 5 2/3 IP, 3 hits, 3 runs, 3 ER, 2 bb, 8k, 1 hr, 3.31 ERA
    Coffey: 1 1/3 IP, 1 walk
    Roenicke:1 IP, 1 hit, 1 K, ERA at 1.13
    Pelland: 2 IP, 2 hits, 1 bb, 4 K
    Bolivar 5-6

    Incidentally, anyone know what happened to Chris Dickerson? Gil has been playing CF in his place since Dickerson went 3 for 5 on 6/8.

  8. #22
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Amarillo,Texas
    Posts
    4,370

    Re: June 12th Minor League Game Updates

    Chattanooga recap: Lookouts win 5-1

    Lecure : 7 IP, 4 hits, 1 BB, 6 K
    Cumberland: 4-5, 1 run, BA at .305
    Eymann 2-5, 2 runs, 2 RBI
    Henry: 2-5, 1 double 1 RBI

  9. #23
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Amarillo,Texas
    Posts
    4,370

    Re: June 12th Minor League Game Updates

    Sarasota wins 8-7

    Helsey: 4-5, 2 doubles, 3 runs, 1 RBI
    Frazier: 2-4, 2 runs, 1 double, 3 RBI
    Francisco: 3-4, 1 run, 1 double, 1 RBI
    Stubbs: 1-4, 3 RBI

  10. #24
    Member OnBaseMachine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    34,844

    Re: June 12th Minor League Game Updates

    Frazier is heating up again.
    I miss Adam Dunn.

  11. #25
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    7,198

    Re: June 12th Minor League Game Updates

    Good Sam came out last night then eh?
    When people say that I donít know what Iím talking about when it comes to sports or writing, I think: Man, you should see me in the rest of my life.
    ---Joe Posnanski

  12. #26
    Member OnBaseMachine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    34,844

    Re: June 12th Minor League Game Updates

    Doug, where did you hear that Lotzkar was starting for Dayton tonight?
    I miss Adam Dunn.

  13. #27
    The Boss dougdirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    35,575

    Re: June 12th Minor League Game Updates

    Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    Doug, where did you hear that Lotzkar was starting for Dayton tonight?
    Two places actually. Someone mentioned it here and then a family member of another player in the system told me about his call up.

  14. #28
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    290

    Re: June 12th Minor League Game Updates

    Really hope that Lotzkar does well...

    He is in line behind Thompson, Maloney, and Wood...He might actually have more potential than them...


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25