Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thursday's Managerial Strategy

Thursday's Managerial Strategy

I missed most of the game, and was wondering:

A. Why was Arroyo lifted after 6 innings, only 86 pitches, no runs, 4 Ks, and only 1 walk? Was Dusty trying to out-LaRussa LaRussa?

B. Why are two out-machines, Patterson and Yanish, getting the most AB? Nevermind, we know this answer!

C. Why was Patterson allowed to bat in the game-tied, first and second, eighth inning against the southpaw? Wasn't the RH hitting Cabrera available? Why call him up and not use him?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Thursday's Managerial Strategy

Arroyo appareny felt cramping or something
    redsrule2500
    Go Reds!
    Baseball Bliss
    Im a normal guy blessed with the ability to hit a baseball. - Sean Casey

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Far East View Post

A. Why was Arroyo lifted after 6 innings, only 86 pitches, no runs, 4 Ks, and only 1 walk? Was Dusty trying to out-LaRussa LaRussa?

B. Why are two out-machines, Patterson and Yanish, getting the most AB? Nevermind, we know this answer!

C. Why was Patterson allowed to bat in the game-tied, first and second, eighth inning against the southpaw? Wasn't the RH hitting Cabrera available? Why call him up and not use him?
    Re:C, this was discussed on the game thread. No way would you use Cabrera, as then you would have to bring in Bruce anyway to play CF. You would burn 2 players, giving us only Bako and Valentin left for a game that might be heading towards extra innings.

The choice was pinch hitting Bruce for Patterson. That's what I would have done.

Re: B

Dusty like a lot of managers feels the best place to put his worst bats is 1 and 2 on the order.
    Go Gators!

Personally, I am too stupid to answer that specific question as it is way over my head, too deep for me. Perhaps Freudian disciples might have a shot at answering that, but, I doubt it.

Especially when one factors in Castellini indicating that the losing is going to stop and that a new sheriff is in town in Jocketty, both of whom could pull rank and stop the exotic venturing of such at the top of the batting order. Surely they are not so passive or oblivious to have noticed.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

A) cramping

B) Unsure.

C) Unsure.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw View Post
    A) cramping

B) Unsure.

C) Unsure.
    Psst, Psst, remember last year in the game threads when it was hinted that the media needed to push it without end that the Reds needed pitching? and behold pitching was improved this year.

Psst, psst the media needs to hammer this one two at the top thing until the idea is pushed out as an option. Can WLW make up some jingles that go something like OBP, OBP, OBP, is the energy that drives your team, OBP OBP OBP...........maybe the new PDoc could hum it nightly.

I emailed Hal, Fay, and Daughtery, but You Matt carry much more weight than I .
    Last edited by Spring~Fields; 06-13-2008 at 04:38 PM.

The Big One, 700 WLW salutes, Real Tri State Heroes (real tri-state heroes)

Here's to you Mr. low on base, low batting average leadoff guy...(offensively challenged leadoff guuuuy!!)

A strike out here, a fly out there, on as few pitches as possible (overrated O.B.P.)

...ok, it's a start

Chris Welsh stated during the broadcast last night that Arroyo pulled himself from the game due to feeling gassed due to the heat and high humidity.
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations

Here's to you Mr. low on base, low batting average leadoff guy...(offensively challenged leadoff guuuuy!!)

A strike out here, a fly out there, on as few pitches as possible (overrated O.B.P.)

...ok, it's a start

That's excellent. You should get a job in radio or something.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

I'll work on that.

...ok, it's a start
    Yes, that is good idea, something that might lead to.........deeper more challenging and questioning types calling the practice into question, and eventually getting rid of it...........

...ok, it's a start

Fantastic
    This place use to be fun

Three commercials in one:

The young speedy but weak hitting center fielder Energizer Bunny gets called up by the Reds from Louisville to ride the bench.

Upon arrival, he immediately occupies the 25th man's end of the bench seat. Right away, Dusty approaches the speedster and asks the bunny about his AAA stats. Upon learning that the bunny hit only .199, Dusty informs him that not only is he in today's lineup, but he is leading off.

The bunny replies, " I'm in the wrong seat, I must be in the front row!"

Dusty announces, "It's so easy even a caveman can do it!"
    Last edited by Far East; 06-13-2008 at 08:20 PM.

...ok, it's a start
    AAA Outfielder one night..........to leading off for the Reds the next. (Your DUSTY'SSSSSSSSSSS BOY)!

Turn Off Ads?