Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can someone please teach Johnny Cueto and Edison Volquez to swing a bat?

Can someone please teach Johnny Cueto and Edison Volquez to swing a bat?

Not asking for a pitcher to be made into a hitter, even a .100 hitter or anything - but can someone take the time to show these guys just to look competant when they're up there? I don't know who's swing looks worse, Cueto's or Volquez. They may as well be up there with women's purses swinging the bat the way it looks. Heck, spend half an hour a day just working on it would be alright. At least for the safety of the fans - imagine if one of these guys had their bat slip out of their hand! That thing is going about 10 rows in the stand and going to hurt someone.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Can someone please teach Johnny Cueto and Edison Volquez to swing a bat?

Quote Originally Posted by LouisvilleCARDS View Post
    Not asking for a pitcher to be made into a hitter, even a .100 hitter or anything - but can someone take the time to show these guys just to look competant when they're up there? I don't know who's swing looks worse, Cueto's or Volquez. They may as well be up there with women's purses swinging the bat the way it looks. Heck, spend half an hour a day just working on it would be alright. At least for the safety of the fans - imagine if one of these guys had their bat slip out of their hand! That thing is going about 10 rows in the stand and going to hurt someone.
    You mean make it so they can get hurt running the bases and people start saying the NL needs grow up and play baseball the "21st century way"? never.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

After watching the way the rest of the team is "swinging" the bat........I'm not sure I want to see those guys make it that much worse.

It's getting worse and worse, every night we face Cy Young.

He just tried to lay a bunt down that went off the bat like it hit a wet fish.

Clearly......we've lost ALL momentum we had from that great home stand a few weeks ago. Way to keep them motivated Dusty.

got alil captain in u?

Pitchers usually have one job at the plate and that's bunt. If you can't do it effectively get your butt out early to bp and work on it. Nothing burns me more than seeing a pitcher lay down a bad bunt and get the runner out at second.

It's tough watching this team anymore.

It's been nearly a decade since they've had a winning season......the players get hot long enough to get us excited and then take a nose dive into complete obscurity on an annual basis.........AND DUSTY BAKER IS THE MANAGER.

Billingsley is an average pitcher who we are making look like Cy Young himself.........and unfortunately this happens just about every night these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Trackman20 View Post
    Billingsley is an average pitcher who we are making look like Cy Young himself.........and unfortunately this happens just about every night these days.
    Billingsley is not an average pitcher. 12-5 last year with a 3.31 E.R.A. with almost 9k's per 9 and this year is 4-7 but has a 3.71 with over 9k's per 9. That is some pretty good stuff right there when his control is on, and it is tonight.

On another note: Cueto and Patterson's swings actually look pretty similar, completely unlevel and ugly and get through the plane of the pitch for a very small portion of the swing.

I think we will see the DH in the NL in our lifetime. As much as I love its tradition and I love the strategy, pitchers shouldn't be hitting anymore. In the old days they hit at every level. Many pitchers today (including one member of my own family who pitched in the big leagues and had a career .057 average) haven't hit in a game since they were in middle school. My cousin even broke his finger bunting... Sorry old school guys, but The Times They Are a Changin'!
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

Micah Owings.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder View Post
    Micah Owings.
    I understand that some pitchers can hit. But the NL is the only league at ANY level and in ANY country to have the pitchers still hit. I appreciate them fighting the good fight, but having a DH in one league and not in the other is the dumbest thing in sports. It would be like not allowing Running Backs or Kickers in the AFC...
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

What's the team's batting average for June? I thought I read several days ago that it was something like .205?

If that's the case, I don't see what the hitting coach can do to make them better. I'd rather someone teach the 1-8 hitters to do something.

Quote Originally Posted by captainmorgan07 View Post
    Pitchers usually have one job at the plate and that's bunt. If you can't do it effectively get your butt out early to bp and work on it. Nothing burns me more than seeing a pitcher lay down a bad bunt and get the runner out at second.
    Ding, Ding, Ding!!! We have a winner!

Actually Cueto has the most bunts on this team with 5 or 6. So im happy with what he is doing in his young career

Quote Originally Posted by LouisvilleCARDS View Post
    Are you frickin kidding me?? Have you seen the way our position players hit, they cant even do it, I think they all look incompetant up there!!!!!

Turn Off Ads?