Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tim Russert dead at 58

Re: Tim Russert dead at 58

Quote Originally Posted by RBA View Post
    Cheap shot? Sorry, the man simply did not take care of himself.
    I think it was obvious to Tim and his family that he was not doing everything that he could be doing to live a long healthy life. We all knew he was out of shape and facing some serious health problems as a result. Nobody knew this better than Russert and I am sure he would have loved to have done something about it earlier unfortunately he made his move a few years too late. I think a lot of times these things are generational and habits are picked up because thats the only way some of us have ever lived, and that's the way we saw our parents live too. There is a lesson to be learned and I am sure we all will take inventory of it when we look in the mirror.

This thread however is about giving a good man his day in the sun and before it gets out of hand with debates about lifestyle issues lets give Tim his due. If anyone has a good Russert moment I would love to hear it. I have always heard his grilling of David Duke was classic Russert. I also liked his handling of the Obama, Clinton debate this year as well.

What a Country.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Re: Tim Russert dead at 58

I have listened to hours of tributes to Russert on NBC and MSNBC and in all the times people discussed time spent with him, not once did I hear anyone discuss doing a physical activity with him. In the hundreds of pictures of him I've seen, not one of them showed him on a golf course, a tennis court or playing basketball. I have heard multiple times how he was a voracious reader, attender of social gatherings and user of the telephone. I think the fact that he left his son and wife behind on a family vacation in Italy last week so that he could come back to the states and work speaks volumes about how much he enjoyed and valued his work. It's not a slam, it's just that exercise apparently wasn't part of his lifestyle.

It wasn't part of my father's lifestyle either, until he suffered a mild heart attack earlier this year. Now he exercises 5 days a week. I'm glad my dad got a warning that he could heed. It's too bad that Luke Russert's dad did not.
    Last edited by Unassisted; 06-15-2008 at 11:57 PM.
    /r/reds

Turn Off Ads?