Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Would should the reds do this year?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Add players and try to win this year.

15 34.88%
  • Trade the veterans and build for the future.

28 65.12%

Thread: Lets go for it!

Lets go for it!

Were 3 games under .500 and 7 back from the wildcard. We could start selling off veteran players and hope that somehow we can win in 09 or 2010. Or we could go for it. Get a righthanded bat that can play thirdbase. EE has been given plenty of opportunties, I think garrett atkins from the rockies could be a possiblity. Then go after a big name pitcher. A.J Burnett or CC Sabathia perferably. Reds fans have suffered through 7 losing seasons, Im sick of waiting for next year and being more excited about whos playing in AA then whos playing at the major league level. Its time to win now, we have a deep farm system lets use it to get back in the playoff hunt!

2. Turn Off Ads?
    part of BBN

Re: Lets go for it!

I think this team could trade some veterans and still improve as when they brought up Bruce.
    As long as this team has needed pitching, you dont trade Harang.
    Our core group of guys are all young enough to not classify as veterans. This team isnt loaded with the type of veterans you are gonna trade off and rebuild with the return.

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

I'm a 'future is now' type of guy. I feel that we should try and win now and hang onto guys like Dunn
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

I think we need another option in the poll. I think that the reds need to stand pat for now and see if they can get back in the race. They should wait another month before they make any major moves.

We may be just a few games under .500 but we're 10 back of the division leader. I'm not optimistic that the Reds will make the playoffs but I would like to see management make in investment now to give the Reds fans a winning season. That would be a good building block for next season.

I think we have no shot at winning the division. Cubs are very good and they will be adding another pitcher for sure. But we can still win the wildcard and even if we dont reds fans deserve a winning season or at least deserve the ownership doing everything they can to win this year.

I don't believe the Reds can actually win (contend) now or later with the mix they currently have on this team. They need more consistently steady players, not so many on and off guys. Third base; catcher; and a steady, right-handed hitting outfielder should seriously be looked at. Other than a Jay Bruce type player I don't see the answer coming from withing the organization - at least not immediately. I think Reds fans are growing weary of the shuttle to Louisville as the answer. They want some REAL change.

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

I gave my 2008 concession speech on Thursday night. I don't think we can win anything this year, although I would love to see us break .500.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

To win the wild card this team would have to leapfrog 4 teams in its own division, plus a bunch more from other divisions. Dudepick is the manager. Ain't happenin'.

There are many holes to fill on this team for next year and that will only be hampered by not recognizing the obvious.
    FIRE DUSTY BAKER

ADOPT THIS SIGNATURE IN SOLIDARITY!!!

ORG Infidel

Make a few moves and shoot for the WC. This team is capable of that.

Im all for a storybook comeback from the cellar to the top of the ladder. But it will take quite a bit of work.
    Whatcha gonna do, brother, when Brennemania runs wild on you!!

Turn Off Ads?