Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why not use Burton/Cordero in this situation with Boston today?

Why not use Burton/Cordero in this situation with Boston today?

I just don't understand why neither of these two saw the mound today. Unreal to run Weathers out there then Lincoln for 2 innings....amazing.
    Cincinnati Reds
    VOTTO

2. Turn Off Ads?
    got alil captain in u?

Re: Why not use Burton/Cordero in this situation with Boston today?

I could see not running Burton out there he's been used a couple days in a row. Lincoln did his job in the 9th but Dusty should no from past outings that Lincoln in his second inning doesn't fare to well. Should have brought in Cordero. Any smart manager would have done that.

Yea, I guess Burton pitched the last two days although his outing yesterday was short and stress free. Still....Cordero please.
    Cincinnati Reds
    VOTTO

ORG Infidel

I am now firmly in the fire Dusty camp. Pinch hitting Patterson, trotting Weathers out there, and so on.

Because if Cordero gets the Red Sox out and the Reds fail to win in the tenth, then Cordero would appear in a game without getting credit for a stupid, arcane, pointless statistic.

We're pitching an unreliable rookie against a former World Series MVP tomorrow. There is little chance we'll need either Burton or Cordero to pitch high-leverage innings. Play to win the game, Dusty.

Also, Corey Patterson is the single stupidest hitter I've ever seen.

No reason to bring in Burton in today's game at that point since he'd been used the last two, but after Lincoln did his job in the 9th, Dusty easily should have brought Cordero in to the game to save it from the Red Sox scoring. No reason to bring Lincoln back out there when you're at home.

And yes, like always, Corey Patterson up there was ridiculous.

Dusty is truly clueless. He makes me hate being a Reds fan.

Fire Dusty immediately, it the only cure for this sickness. He's a bum, point blank. He's the worst thing that ever happened to the Reds, worse than communism and the name change and stuff. Get lost meatball.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Burton View Post
    Fire Dusty immediately, it the only cure for this sickness. He's a bum, point blank. He's the worst thing that ever happened to the Reds, worse than communism and the name change and stuff. Get lost meatball.

I was thinking Bray in the 8th and Cordero in the 10th. There's no question Cordero should have pitched the 10th. For all the games Dusty has used Cordero when the lead was more than 3, he refused to use him in a tied game today. Unbelievable. $40 million closer that we don't use in a tied game.

I'd like to encourage you all to change your signatures.
    FIRE DUSTY BAKER

ADOPT THIS SIGNATURE IN SOLIDARITY!!!

He sure could hit HalMorrisRules's Avatar

My thought after Bako ended the 9th was that Dusty would double switch Ross for Bako and bring in Bray. I was shocked when he pitched Lincoln for the second inning.

First, patterson was the only lefty available, the problem with carrying 12 pitchers.
    Dusty gets ripped when he double switches, and then ripped. When he lets a guy go two innings.
    If dusty does not have faith that lincoln can not go two innings in a game, then lincoln should not be on the team. He is the rh middle reliever, that is his job.
    I think that if dusty cured cancer, you guys would find some way to rip him.
    What a bunch of whinny jokers.

I was at the game and turned to the crowd and said "you can leave, Mike Lincoln is about to give up the game winning HR"......and then he did.

When Corey Patterson came up to PH, I again turned to the crowd and said "nice win, Red Sox fans!"

I was astounded that Weathers and Lincoln were called upon in so close a game. Ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    First, patterson was the only lefty available, the problem with carrying 12 pitchers.
    Dusty gets ripped when he double switches, and then ripped. When he lets a guy go two innings.
    If dusty does not have faith that lincoln can not go two innings in a game, then lincoln should not be on the team. He is the rh middle reliever, that is his job.
    I think that if dusty cured cancer, you guys would find some way to rip him.
    What a bunch of whinny jokers.
    Whinny? You mean like the girl from "The Wonder Years"?

Only one lefty available? He's still Corey Patterson. He proved that by hacking at the first pitch he saw. David Ross was available, but he decided to "play the percentages". My percentages say that Coery Patterson should never bat. FACT: Ross is better versus righties than Patterson.

He wouldn't have to double switch to bring Cordero in. Just put him in Lincoln's spot. Any person who is not a complete moron would have done so.

If Dusty cures cancer then he should go into epidemiology or something, not coach baseball, which he clearly has no business doing.

You should stop acting like there is something wrong with the people who criticize Dusty Baker for making stupid managerial decisions. He is a terrible manager, and if you can't see that you just can't recognize one. He is the worst. THE WORST. Its not even that close. He hurts this team every night.
    FIRE DUSTY BAKER

ADOPT THIS SIGNATURE IN SOLIDARITY!!!

off with that bastards head. We're across the MD line, but not by far!

Turn Off Ads?