Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Should Dusty Baker be fired for the good of this ballclub?

Voters
111. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES. The man is a nightmare. LET US WAKE UP!!

82 73.87%
  • No. Dusty knows what he's doing. CF's lead-off and SS's bat 2nd. DUH

29 26.13%
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Should Dusty Baker be fired for the good of this ballclub?

Should Dusty Baker be fired for the good of this ballclub?

YES. He is totally ill-suited to manage a young ballclub.

The money is already spent.

Drop the axe and get us someone who realizes that Paul Janish is not a two-hole hitter despite the fact that he plays shortstop.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Should Dusty Baker be fired for the good of this ballclub?

Definitely, it must be done as soon as possible.

I'm going to go with YES.
    FIRE DUSTY BAKER

ADOPT THIS SIGNATURE IN SOLIDARITY!!!

Dusty is not the problem with this team. Yes, he does some things that many people on RZ do not like and would not do but he also has far more information about the state of the team than we do. There isn't a manager out there that is going to turn this team into a contender.

Quote Originally Posted by steig View Post
    Dusty is not the problem with this team. Yes, he does some things that many people on RZ do not like and would not do but he also has far more information about the state of the team than we do. There isn't a manager out there that is going to turn this team into a contender.
    So, what? We should stick with a manager that makes the team worse than it actually is? And what difference does it make if he has some information about the team when he isn't going to use it to make good decisions?
    FIRE DUSTY BAKER

yes. but it ain't happening,way to much money left on his contract.
    The Hunt for a Reds October.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue View Post
    So, what? We should stick with a manager that makes the team worse than it actually is? And what difference does it make if he has some information about the team when he isn't going to use it to make good decisions?
    How many managers can RedsZone constantly complain about? I don't believe there is a manger out there that won't draw criticism. Yes, I hate to see Lincoln go for a second inning saturday but Coco and Burton had thrown the last two days. Coco has had nothing when he pitches for a 3rd day in a row so give him some rest. This roster is not very good and needs to overhauled. You can't blame Dusty for the roster.

Here's a golden idea: Don't use Cordero when you have a four run lead. That way, he can pitch in a tie game.

I don't have to blame Dusty for the roster. I can blame him for his own incompetence.
    FIRE DUSTY BAKER

If Cordero is already warmed up and you get a 4th run then you might as well use him. Warming a reliever up to much in the bullpen is just the same as using him in a game. This does not mean that I believe Cordero shouldn't be able to go 3 games straight. I think each bullpen arm should want to get an inning in every game. But reality is different and I Cordero can't handle that type of workload. Makes you wonder about his long term ability to be a top closer.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue View Post
    Here's a golden idea: Don't use Cordero when you have a four run lead. That way, he can pitch in a tie game.

I don't have to blame Dusty for the roster. I can blame him for his own incompetence.

I didn't understand that either... I mean... What the Hell>>>???????

Uses him, just to use him, then he rests him and brings in the real Nasty Boys in Weathers and Lincoln...

I mean, I couldn't manage in the Majors, I know that... But the reasoning for what he does and his uses of players sometimes makes utterly No sense...

Oh, and he uses Cordero all the time when he doesn't need too... I understand not wanting him to get rusty but Oh my...

You want Dusty fired, but who is going to manage the team that is going to do a better job than Dusty??

Why give up on him so early??

Have some faith come on....If Bruce goes in a 0-30slump, would you want him back in AAA?? If Volquez has a string of bad starts would you second guess the Hamilton trade??

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn_RedsFan View Post
    You want Dusty fired, but who is going to manage the team that is going to do a better job than Dusty??
    Are you kidding me? Have you been watching the games and seeing the crap he does? Pretty much anyone could do a better job than Dusty. Do you really want me to make a list? It'll be a long one.
    FIRE DUSTY BAKER

I see it and I agree with you, but I think it would be a horrible thing if he would be fired. Make me the list and then go through the guys the Reds would be likely to hire. That should narrow down your list.

Dusty should be fired the very next time he puts his son at the top of the order. It is completely incompreshensible that someone could be fit to manage a major league baseball team when they insist on batting a career .296 on-base % guy in the leadoff spot. Just shockingly, astonishingly stupid.

Turn Off Ads?