Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 8.76

.....e.r.a.

I hate to say I told ya so, BUT........I TOLD YA SO. BWAHAAAAAAA!!!!! :thumbdown

Maybe if he had learned something in triple A, this wouldn't have happened. Maybe if he could put the hunting magazines down and start charting pitches, this wouldn't have happened. Maybe.........:thumbdown
    Who's on first?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 8.76

agreed.

garbage IMO. dump him back to AAA and bring Thompson up.....

Quote Originally Posted by ChatterRed View Post
    .....e.r.a.

I hate to say I told ya so, BUT........I TOLD YA SO. BWAHAAAAAAA!!!!! :thumbdown

Maybe if he had learned something in triple A, this wouldn't have happened. Maybe if he could put the hunting magazines down and start charting pitches, this wouldn't have happened. Maybe.........:thumbdown
    Have you ever charted pitches? Its not the most exciting thing ever and he could look at magazines while doing it.
    I was in the ORG once, best 6 months of my life.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    Have you ever charted pitches? Its not the most exciting thing ever and he could look at magazines while doing it.
    probably not the most exciting thing but at least learn from it....you didn't read a science book in high school just for the hell of it did ya ?

got alil captain in u?

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaFan View Post
    agreed.

garbage IMO. dump him back to AAA and bring Thompson up.....
    I'd say ship him back to AAA and bring back Josh Fogg. We signed Fogg for the back end of the rotation so let's let him earn his money. Thompson needs more starts at AAA. No need to rush him up here like hmm that Bailey fellow. Let Fogg pitch it's not gonna be pretty we all know that but he did win 10 games last year.

No K's for Bailey today. Interesting.
    Who's on first?

Went to the game today....

Either leave him in Cincinnati or send him back to Louisville with a different approach or pitching coach/mentor.

As much as I like Thompson, I'd like to see him get more starts here in Louisville.

Why not Pettyjohn or Mallett if Fogg isn't ready and they don't want to throw Bailey out there? Why not let Bailey pitch how he wants to, also?

Bailey obviously needs some work. He is young though. I think in a year or two he could be a quality starter but is too green for the major leagues right now. It seems counterproductive to relish in his failures.
    Ron Popeil apologist.

I'm not laughing at Bailey so much as I'm laughing at the posters on this board that wanted him up here. Hilarious.
    Who's on first?

Dudes, give Dick Pole some more time with him and he'll be Cy Young material before you know it.

C-Bus (Columbus OH for non-Jim Rome fans)

I was for Homer being called back up--and what the hell, we are out of it, lets let him go out there for a few more starts and see if he can turn it around--if not--lets chalk up Homermania as a bust....

Let him takes his lumps if need be, what's there to lose? He's either going to pan out and being a stud pitcher or he will be like 3/4 the pitchers the Reds have thrown out there the past 5 years. He has the potential, lets see if he can reach it. He's freaking 21.

It takes 30 seconds to write/analyze/comprehend a pitching chart, I don't read much into anyone who doesn't look to occupied with it.
    "The Hall of Fame is there to keep alive the memory of people. You don't need to do that with people like Buck [O'Niel] and Joe [Nuxhall]. Nobody's forgetting those guys."

- Joe Posnanski

Hal McCray, is that you?

Bailey's problem

I went to the game today, and it really showed...Bailey is missing a finishing pitch. He does not have a pitch that he is confident throwing when the batter has 2 strikes on them. It seems like whenever he gets 2 strikes on a batter they always hit it hard..is this because he lost some zip on his fastball?

I haven't followed his minor league career like some people, what happened to Homer? Where did the Ks go?
    Follow me on twitter @EricLilly7

Re: Bailey's problem

You didn't happen to sit in section 139, did you? A guy a few rows back kept saying the same thing each time it happened.

I think some can be attributed to the different style of pitching they have been trying to instill in him, but I don't know if what he reaches back for with his fastball is all he's got (ie, throwing everything he's got). He was touching mid 90s at the Bats games I went to this season, but he needs better pitches to go with the fastball, whichever speed he throws it at. His curveball seems too inconsistent to be relied on.

Turn Off Ads?