Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Miley Cyrus..again

Miley Cyrus..again

http://www.welt.de/english-news/arti..._surfaced.html

The 15-year-old "Hannah Montana" actress - who caused controversy earlier this year after posing for a racy magazine shoot - is scantily dressed in the pictures, which have reportedly been taken from her MySpace account. In one racy photo she is seen lifting up her shirt to expose her stomach as she playfully puts the end of the T-shirt suggestively in her mouth. Another picture shows Miley wearing a red lacy underwear set, while one shot sees her in bed with a mystery boy. Miley had to issue an apology after being shot by acclaimed photographer Annie Leibovitz wearing just a blanket for Vanity Fair magazine. She said: "I took part in a photo shoot that was supposed to be 'artistic' and now, seeing the photographs and reading the story, I feel so embarrassed. I never intended for any of this to happen and I apologise to my fans who I care so deeply about." The Disney Channel, who broadcast 'Hannah Montana', also criticised the magazine, saying: "Unfortunately, as the article suggests, a situation was created to deliberately manipulate a 15-year-old in order to sell magazines."
    I guess this is what happens when you have Billy Ray for a father.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Miley Cyrus..again

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    I guess this is what happens when you have Billy Ray for a father.
    I dunno, sounds like nearly every other kid that age to me.

Anyone find it funny that Disney is accusing someone of manipulating a teen in order to make profit?

I'm not some huge advocate against Disney, in fact I love Disneyland, but I find it a little bit funny that they are calling someone else out on the exploitation of kids for money.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Quote Originally Posted by pahster View Post

Yeah. She's not quite a little girl and not quite a woman. She knows she has to be the clean cut pre-teen for the Mouse but she can't be that forever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Yeah. She's not quite a little girl and not quite a woman. She knows she has to be the clean cut pre-teen for the Mouse but she can't be that forever.
    Better to let it out and do dumb stuff that others her age do now than to hold it all in in order to maintain a carefully groomed public image, only to turn freaky once your out from under the handlers, like the Olson Twins.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

There are things in this life I'm just never going to get.

I've never seen a more average looking girl in my life.

What is the fuss about?

And incidentally- I did tell someone to get off my lawn this week.
    Last edited by Dom Heffner; 06-16-2008 at 05:32 PM.

I agree Dom, well not entirely.

She's what my wife would term....'unfortunate looking'.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Quote Originally Posted by pahster View Post
    agreed

If true, she's only costing herself cash with this stuff.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    If true, she's only costing herself cash with this stuff.
    How little you know about the kid. She's a phenom. My 10 year old adores her, my 18 year old was listening to her CD a few weeks ago.

Honestly as a dad with three kids all of whom have MySpace accounts, this is pretty normal for that cesspool of a site. Better than most really.

much

ado

about

nothing.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    How little you know about the kid. She's a phenom. My 10 year old adores her, my 18 year old was listening to her CD a few weeks ago.

Honestly as a dad with three kids all of whom have MySpace accounts, this is pretty normal for that cesspool of a site. Better than most really.

much

ado

about

nothing.
    I have two daughters, on 11 and one 8, who worship the ground she walks on. My point is that if she starts to become anything more than the innocent, pure image she has right now, a lot of that will go away.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    Better to let it out and do dumb stuff that others her age do now than to hold it all in in order to maintain a carefully groomed public image, only to turn freaky once your out from under the handlers, like the Olson Twins.

Agreed. If this is the worst stuff she does, she's going to be OK. People like to make fun of Billy Ray (and he's gravy training it a bit) but it seems he's made pretty good choices for her so far and has an idea of what show business is like and what it can do to her. She's probably chafing a bit at her squeaky clean image and I don't believe for a second she and Billy Ray were upset with that photo shoot. Not like she needs the publicity but it certainly got her some and it sowed the seeds for a future that is more in line with a young adult than a pre-teen. I'm sure if Disney had their way they would probably keep her doing this till she's 25. Perhaps all of this is a sort of gradual transition so her fans can transition too. They are growing up too and eventually they are going to outgrow Hannah Montana and become a market for Miley Cyrus the actress.

I think it's a little harsh to judge her looks at this age. Lots of kids that age blossom when they get older. It's also a good example to her fans that you don't have to be really great looking to be a star. It's also an advantage that older guys aren't perving on her like they did with Britney Spears. I don't think she sings that well either but she must have some kind of charisma that translates into the popularity that she has now.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

She's not pretty at all IMO, I don't see what the hype is about. Don't worry i'm not very old compared to many of you folks so I can judge her

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Agreed. If this is the worst stuff she does, she's going to be OK. People like to make fun of Billy Ray (and he's gravy training it a bit) but it seems he's made pretty good choices for her so far and has an idea of what show business is like and what it can do to her. She's probably chafing a bit at her squeaky clean image and I don't believe for a second she and Billy Ray were upset with that photo shoot. Not like she needs the publicity but it certainly got her some and it sowed the seeds for a future that is more in line with a young adult than a pre-teen. I'm sure if Disney had their way they would probably keep her doing this till she's 25. Perhaps all of this is a sort of gradual transition so her fans can transition too. They are growing up too and eventually they are going to outgrow Hannah Montana and become a market for Miley Cyrus the actress.

I think it's a little harsh to judge her looks at this age. Lots of kids that age blossom when they get older. It's also a good example to her fans that you don't have to be really great looking to be a star. It's also an advantage that older guys aren't perving on her like they did with Britney Spears. I don't think she sings that well either but she must have some kind of charisma that translates into the popularity that she has now.
    At the rate she is going, im sure that will be an issue in due time.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by NorrisHopper30 View Post
    She's not pretty at all IMO, I don't see what the hype is about. Don't worry i'm not very old compared to many of you folks so I can judge her
    Despite what the music industry and MTV tells you (during the one hour a day during which they play music), looks are irrelevant when it comes to music. Not that I like her music or anything, but to each their own.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    At the rate she is going, im sure that will be an issue in due time.
    Well, she is aging.

Turn Off Ads?