Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Dodgers are Horrific

The Dodgers are Horrific

Should be a nice contrast from the Red Sox. I'm feeling a sweep (at least two of three).

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: The Dodgers are Horrific

At least we aren't playing them in LA.

Well that's some danged fine unusual and probably unwarranted optimism there. I was thinking that we had not even beaten the Dodgers all year long, but then I seemed to recall us beating their one lefty, which we did, Kuo, on April 22nd.

But we are overall 1-4 so far against that "horrific" team.

The only concern is that the Reds batting average for June is like a team full of pitchers. They really need to start hitting during the Dodgers series.

Quote Originally Posted by Redeye fly View Post

But we are overall 1-4 so far against that "horrific" team.
    Well, the Reds are pretty horrific themselves (1 game better than the Dodgers). But the Dodgers have been playing awful baseball and are terrible on the road. The Reds have been a very good home team for about the last month, so the Reds balance out to be less horrific squad in this matchup.

Maybe that should be the marketing campaign for this series: Come out to GABP for the Reds/Dodgers. Both teams suck, but the Dodgers are a little worse!

But then again, the Reds played pretty danged awful the last 2 games against the Red Sox, and that was at home, against a team that while still a lot more talented, didn't have all of the biggest guns... especially in their lineup.

So I guess it will be interesting to see which team sucks more.

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

This horrific team is about to take 5 of 6 from us. What would that make the Reds?
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

got alil captain in u?

If the Dodgers are horrific what does that make us?

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigLebowski View Post
    This horrific team is about to take 5 of 6 from us. What would that make the Reds?
    Quote Originally Posted by captainmorgan07 View Post
    Horrific-er?

Quote Originally Posted by captainmorgan07 View Post
    the 1962 Metropolitans (Mets)??

Cheekily Non-Conformist CarolinaRedleg's Avatar

I don't know about everybody else, but this Reds fan will be exceedingly glad to see the Dodgers in the rearview. :thumbdown

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Should be a nice contrast from the Red Sox. I'm feeling a sweep (at least two of three).
    Unfortunately, you were right...
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

It's unbelievable to me how they can't beat the dodgers, this stupid team isn't any good, and it disgusts me every time that the reds can't beat them. Obviously the reds aren't the best team in the league, but on paper they should beat LA 67% of the time at least.

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mroby85 View Post
    It's unbelievable to me how they can't beat the dodgers, this stupid team isn't any good, and it disgusts me every time that the reds can't beat them. Obviously the reds aren't the best team in the league, but on paper they should beat LA 67% of the time at least.
    Depends on what paper you are reading. If you're reading the paper that Dusty read when he learned how to make lineups then, yeah, we should kill LA.

If you're reading the paper that explains what good baseball is and how it is played then, brother, we ain't got a shot.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

Things should get better when the Reds go to the Bronx this weekend....oh yeah, probably not.

Getting drilled by the BoSox is one thing. Getting drilled by the Dodgers (who came in losers of five straight) is just pathetic.

Turn Off Ads?