Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chris Welsh - "JEEZ!!"

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Chris Welsh - "JEEZ!!"

He was very critical of Dusty leaving Patterson in to face Beimel, as are we all...when Corey predictably grounded out to 2nd, we could all hear a very audible "JEEZ!" from Welsh as they headed into commercial.

I think Dusty is finally wearing thin on our announcers. I love you, Dusty!
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Chris Welsh - "JEEZ!!"

was there any doubt Patterson was going to play pepper with the second basemen

got alil captain in u?

Welsh ripping Dusty just mad my night. I was angered hearing how the Mets fired Randolph but if the Reds wanted to fire Dusty at 3 AM i'd throw a party. Why in the world do you send patterson to the plate in that situation. Andy Phillips can play the outfield send him to pinch hit. His man love for Patterson has gone way to far.

The question is not whether or not Dusty is finally wearing thin on our announcers, it's whether or not it is humanly possible to draw criticism from George Grande.

If Grande starts questioning Dusty's moves, then Dusty has reached a peak no one has ever met in manager stupidity.

Does anyone have Hank Aaron's cell #, maybe he can talk some sense into Dusty?

Corey Patterson makes Juan Castro look like Rod Carew.

I honestly have never seen a player with a more braindead approach at the plate. And we have a manager who worships the ground he walks on.

part of BBN

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigLebowski View Post
    He was very critical of Dusty leaving Patterson in to face Beimel, as are we all...when Corey predictably grounded out to 2nd, we could all hear a very audible "JEEZ!" from Welsh as they headed into commercial.

I think Dusty is finally wearing thin on our announcers. I love you, Dusty!
    FWIW, Tom/Jb doing the same in a "major" way on radio.
    Mentioing guys they saw play OF in ST like Cabrera,Phillips(Andy) etc.
    Saying "that" was ballgame.

When CP started off on a hot start it was the worst thing that could have happened for the Reds...and look who is up there with 2 outs in the 9th.....

Let's not fool ourselves though, Patterson is not the only guy in the lineup not hitting....good start for Cueto though....I hope he can build on it next time out.

George Grande made me laugh tonight... "It has been a season of ups and down for Corey Patterson this season."

Seriously, George, you're not that dense. And you ARE allowed to criticize players once every blue moon. The fans aren't morons, don't treat us that way.

Quote Originally Posted by bleedsred View Post
    Let's not fool ourselves though, Patterson is not the only guy in the lineup not hitting.
    No, but he's by far the worst of the group. And gets the most at-bats, thanks to Dusty's obsession with hitting him leadoff.

Replace the yawning maw of outs at the top of the lineup with a league-average bat and our offense looks quite a bit better.

Yeah I heard him say it.I thought he was going to say Jesus but stifled his self.George was critical of the Mets organization and said they were bush league for the way they did Randolph.I thought the sky was going to fall in.

I was at the game, just waiting for someone to PH against Beimel...Patterson now batting nearly 0 for the century against LHP. Janish? Phillips?

Could have PH Janish there, put him at SS, Bruce in CF, and Cabrera in RF.

Thom Brenneman almost came through the radio into the front seat of my car when Dusty sent Corey up to bat.

Everyone and their mother and their pet cat and the dust bunnies under their couch realizes that Corey should never bat again for the Reds, except Dusty and the Reds management.

Quote Originally Posted by ChatterRed View Post
    Thom Brenneman almost came through the radio into the front seat of my car when Dusty sent Corey up to bat.

Everyone and their mother and their pet cat and the dust bunnies under their couch realizes that Corey should never bat again for the Reds, except Dusty and the Reds management.
    It really is amazing isn't it.

It's so stupid, you can hardly believe that it is actually happening, and, what's more, the guy is getting paid $11 million dollars to manage like a complete moron.

Could this all be some sort of grand plan to TANK THE REDS? I mean, damn, just trade the veterans away NOW and bring up every young player in the minors. The results couldn't be any worse : It is BEYOND criminal what Dusty has been able to get away with in lineup construction. My WIFE, of all people, could do a better lineup than this. Is the guy retarded or something?

Turn Off Ads?