Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How did you and your significant other meet?

Re: How did you and your significant other meet?

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    the Metro Bible Study here in Atlanta.

I can think of at least 10 couples that met there and are now married.
    Dude! I can see that group growing simply from singles hoping to find a good mate.

2. Turn Off Ads?

At work. Making googly eyes at each other across the board room table.

Charlie Brown All-Star IslandRed's Avatar

Future Wife lived in another city. A mutual friend set us up.

Friend and I would hang out on a fairly regular basis, we weren't each other's type but we enjoyed the company. She had surgery and I sent her a get-well card and flowers. A week or two later I went over to visit and she was showing me the big set of flowers she got from Future Wife and how thoughtful we both were.

Several months after that, we were having lunch and Friend was listening to me complain about my sock lines -- I had been playing a lot of golf and was developing tan lines around my ankles. "Oh, (Future Wife) was just telling me about her sock lines," Friend declared. Which gave her the bright idea that we should meet, because Future Wife was coming in to visit for a weekend soon.

So she arranged an outing for the three of us to play mini-golf, and since that went well we went to dinner, and since that went well we met the next day for lunch. A few weeks later I went over to Future Wife's city to see a concert (for a band I didn't even like), and over the following 1.5 years I probably made that three-hours-each-way trip to her city 50 times until I had the good sense to just move.

Reading comprehension is not just an ability, it's a choice

I was absolutely hammered at a fraternity party about 7 years ago. She wasn't as drunk as I was and apparently found me charming.

We are getting married next June.

C-Bus (Columbus OH for non-Jim Rome fans)

arranged marriage........just kidding, I work for a non-profit and she was/is a long-time volunteer....long story short, co-workers fixed us up and 8 years later and 5 (in Sept) in marriage we're still in love....(though, two of those co-workers are now dead and one was fired, hmmmmm)

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSelig View Post
    Spanish chicks are hot. Just sayin.
    Yes they are

In my experience Spanish chicks can also be a bit loco. But, that's just my own personal experiences, and really has nothing to do with their hotness.
    "I hate to advocate chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone... But they've always worked for me."

-Hunter S. Thompson

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

This chick's really hot.

Lol, its making my mouth water and jaw slack.

That's one beautiful bird!
    "I hate to advocate chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone... But they've always worked for me."

-Hunter S. Thompson

Turn Off Ads?