Joey Votto .237 .659

Paul Bako .188 .653

Encarnacion .292 .987

Jay Bruce .246 .739

Ken Griffey JR. .216 .847

Corey Patterson .143 .429

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: "Impressive" June Stats

So when does the hitting coach become a target for criticism?

Quote Originally Posted by Trackman20 View Post
    Jacoby should've been fired a while ago. It is obvious he isn't getting it done.

Can you imagine how good the offense would be if we dumped Dunn/Griffey like many want us to do? EE would be the only player with an OPS over 700 this month.

wow, scary stuff, but when you lose 10 of 15 you're bound to see those stats. The most surprising to me --> patterson's OPS is that much higher than his average.

On Brook Jacoby. How can a guy that has a career BA of 270 be a hitting coach? In his 11 seasons he only hit above 280 three times. Is it just me or shouldnt a hitting coach be a guy that hit around 300 BA for his career?

For instance Hal McRae the Cardinals hitting coach in 19 seasons has a 290 BA hitting above 290 BA 8 times in his career. There is a reason guys like Ludwig and Ankiel are excelling so well and I strongly believe its the preparation and practice with the hitting coach Hal McRae.

Jacoby needs to go!

Leo Mazzone didn't win 200 games as a pitcher but he was a pretty good pitching coach... Some people can teach the machanics of hitting and pitching, and they have an eye for what the player is doing wrong or right. I don't think you have to be an all-star to be a good coach.

Now, that being said... I think Jacoby has done a terrible job with the approach of the Reds hitters. I don't know if Dusty telling him what to do or if this is his game plan, but the two of them are obviously lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Jones1 View Post
    There is a reason guys like Ludwig and Ankiel are excelling so well and I strongly believe its the preparation and practice with the hitting coach Hal McRae.
    Or it could be that they're better hitters on a team that has been on the right track for years whereas our team is just trying to get on the right track.
    That Joey Votto is some kind of Man Candy!

"For them to boo me like that, it lets me know they dream about me at night. -- Brandon Phillips on Cards fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Trackman20 View Post
    You cant polish turds.
    I was in the ORG once, best 6 months of my life.

Yep, that's some horrid stuff.

At least Adam Dunn is playing through injury. Corey Patterson? I don't think it's a temporarty illness...

Of course it is June, so it's time for EE to heat-up with the weather, and get to his normal season-ending stats. Dude will be a monster through the rest of the year I'm positive.

I would REALLY like to see Votto heat up some and take the ROY; we'll see how goes it with him...

PEACE

-BLEEDS
    I think that in a year or two, one of these guys - Frazier, Dorn, Valaika, Cumberland, Stubbs - will be ready to replace Dunn. They won't hit as many home runs as Dunn, but they should have similar OPS. - 757690, July 22, 2008

Alonso will be playing 1B for the REDS and batting 4th one year from today. - Kingspoint, July 9, 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Nasty_Boy View Post
    Leo Mazzone didn't win 200 games as a pitcher but he was a pretty good pitching coach... Some people can teach the machanics of hitting and pitching, and they have an eye for what the player is doing wrong or right. I don't think you have to be an all-star to be a good coach.

Now, that being said... I think Jacoby has done a terrible job with the approach of the Reds hitters. I don't know if Dusty telling him what to do or if this is his game plan, but the two of them are obviously lost.
    Mazzone was a product of the Atl Braves and one of the best pitching staffs in baseball history. How did he fair when that staff was broken up or when he was in Baltimore?

Good pitching coaches have had successful careers in baseball same with hitting coaches! If someone couldnt figure out how to do it at a high level during their career how are they going to show someone how to do it a high level while coaching..

Jacoby must go!

Pole must go!

Musty Dusty must go!

Turn Off Ads?