Turn Off Ads?
Page 10 of 52 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: Yonder Alonso

Re: Yondor Alonso

Have they signed him yet, are they getting closer if they have not signed him yet?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Spring~Fields View Post
    Have they signed him yet, are they getting closer if they have not signed him yet?
    Not yet, but every source agrees that he will sign before the August 15th deadline.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    Not yet, but every source agrees that he will sign before the August 15th deadline.
    Thanks OBM

Reds found $4mill yesterday

Yonder it goes.

While all money is part of the bottom line, I don't think the Reds being off the hook for Griffey's buyout has anything to do with Yonder signing. I imagine these budgets are completely independent of each other.

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

I find it hard to believe that an organization that worries about $3M here and $4M there would pay Corey Patterson, Javy Valentin, and Dusty Baker $8M to be a part of this 2008 trainwreck.

Quote Originally Posted by princeton View Post

Yonder it goes.
    And opened an outfield spot for say Votto or Yondor

Quote Originally Posted by princeton View Post

Yonder it goes.
    Where'd the Reds find $4 mil? They are saving $2m next year, nothing this year.

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TOBTTReds View Post
    Where'd the Reds find $4 mil? They are saving $2m next year, nothing this year.
    Within the next eight months they owed Junior the rest of his salary for 2008 ($4M) and the buyout for 2009 ($4M).

$8M total.

Today, they are now only responsible for half of that ($4M).

So, they have saved $4M.

Good thing Miami lost early so we could get Alonso signed.

Maybe they're not going to get him signed. Why else would they move Frazier to 1st Base. If Alonzo gets signed, he'll be on a fast-track to the Majors and will be reaching 1st Base for the REDS before Frazier.

I hope they're not that stupid considering how much money they've wasted on Cordero, Baker, Patterson, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Maybe they're not going to get him signed. Why else would they move Frazier to 1st Base. If Alonzo gets signed, he'll be on a fast-track to the Majors and will be reaching 1st Base for the REDS before Frazier.

I hope they're not that stupid considering how much money they've wasted on Cordero, Baker, Patterson, etc.
    Everyone says he's going to sign. From Baseball America to people close to the Miami program, they all say he'll sign around the deadline.

Everything is still at a standstill. Only three of the first ten picks have signed (#1, 6 and 10). Everybody is waiting to see who signs and how their numbers are. I'm guessing that baseball's push last year to lock in signing slots has the draftees and their agents pushing back to try to break that. We're not alone in not having signed our #1 pick this year.
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRedleg View Post
    Within the next eight months they owed Junior the rest of his salary for 2008 ($4M) and the buyout for 2009 ($4M).

$8M total.

Today, they are now only responsible for half of that ($4M).

So, they have saved $4M.
    The Reds are paying all of Griffey's salary this year essentially. The Sox are paying zero dollars for him this year (with the exception of the pro-rated minimum salary, because they have to pay something I believe) and splitting the buyout with us. We saved $2m next year, zero this year.

From what I've read on this site and elsewhere, (Including I think, Doug the ultimate Minors monitor ), Frazier is anything but a SS.

Turn Off Ads?