Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 52 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Yonder Alonso

Re: Yondor Alonso

who wants to start guessing what he will sign for now that some people aroud him are starting to ink up.

I'll go 2.6mil

2. Turn Off Ads?

2.8 mil is my guess.

I say 3.4 mil and a major league contract.

Vampire Weekend @Bernie's camisadelgolf's Avatar

I'll stay with the even number theme: $2.4mm.

Latest from Rivals.com in an article that highlights the top college draftees that have yet to sign (link):

4. 1B YONDER ALONSO (MIAMI)
    The latest: When Miami's season came to an end in Omaha, Alonso's wordage certainly made it seem like he was signing with the Cincinnati Reds. However, the All-American first baseman has yet to make a decision. Alonso was rumored to be asking for an MLB contract early in the process. Perhaps that's delaying negotiations. Though it's certainly possible that Alonso could return for his senior season, even coach Jim Morris expects him to sign a pro contract. Look for Alonso to sign the dotted line with the Reds before the August deadline.
    "The players make the manager, it's never the other way." - Sparky Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by NJReds View Post
    Latest from Rivals.com in an article that highlights the top college draftees that have yet to sign (link):
    What date is the deadline? I haven't read this entire thread so m apologies if this has been answered.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

August 15th

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

I'm already bored with Yonder Alonso.

Not a real exciting pick and now he holds out. ZZZZZZZZ.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    August 15th
    Thanks. Hopefully they can get it done. You really don't want to waste a number one pick. This organization certainly can't afford that.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    Thanks. Hopefully they can get it done. You really don't want to waste a number one pick. This organization certainly can't afford that.
    I think everyone is waiting for the first college guy to blink to set the pace.

Boom Goes the Dynamite Screwball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRedleg View Post
    I'm already bored with Yonder Alonso.

Not a real exciting pick and now he holds out. ZZZZZZZZ.
    Maybe it's just me, but I'm plenty excited about a guy who, according to just about all professional publications, immediately becomes the #1 prospect in our system.
    Last edited by Screwball; 07-22-2008 at 01:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Screwball View Post
    Maybe it's just me, but I'm plenty excited about a guy who, according to just about all professional publications, immediately becomes the #1 prospect in our system.
    Give it time. I honestly believe if Neftali Soto continues what he is doing, he will be the #1 prospect by years end in the system if Yonder doesn't play. Jim Callis said recently that the argument could be made right now for Soto to be the best guy of the bunch, including Alonso.... but he wasn't ready to go there just yet. I bet he will if Soto finishes .300/.360/.500+ in the MWL.

Vampire Weekend @Bernie's camisadelgolf's Avatar

I like Soto a lot, but I worry that his frame won't fill out as much as some people are expecting. I wouldn't be surprised if Soto ended up with Edwin Encarnacion-type power.

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    I like Soto a lot, but I worry that his frame won't fill out as much as some people are expecting. I wouldn't be surprised if Soto ended up with Edwin Encarnacion-type power.
    Encarnacion is on pace for 32 HR this year.... 30-35 HR power is pretty strong.

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Screwball View Post
    I know. It's just a tad frustrating that's all.

Turn Off Ads?