Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Blue Jays GM ripping Adam Dunn?

Blue Jays GM ripping Adam Dunn?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Blue Jays GM ripping Adam Dunn?

Surprising, no, Dunner is not well respected.
    But again if I say anything I will get a response of "You are just beating a dead horse"
    Bowled 12, 300 games, I'm BACK!!

Bowling a 300 game never gets old

Very interesting, I don't find it that hard to believe.

Dont know why anyone is surprised, guess its the redrose glasses many wear. I have said many times many other teams and thier fans think that way, its just cause he is our guy right now that we think so much of him (for the record, I dont dislike him at all on our team, dont think we need to build the team around him or anything, but thats another story). I have yet to talk to a fan of any other team-that really knows baseball-that wants him at all, even if they could gt him in a steal. He just isn't desired, outside of Cincy.

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

Hmmm, this could be fun if Adam gets into one of his hot streaks and hits several HRs and racks up quite a few RBIs during the Toronto series next week, LOL
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

Darn! I was hoping we could keep all those things about Dunn quiet until we could trade him.LOL. I guess we won't get much for him now (if we trade him) that the word is out.

J.P. is a moron and a horrible General Manager.

Wonder if he knows how to spell OBP or, here's a crazy one: OPS.

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

And honestly, in baseball circles, JP Ricciardi is a no one. What has he ever done in this game? Nothing.

Ricciardi will not be in baseball as long as Adam Dunn is or sustain the type of success.

Sorry but its the truth.
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

Cheekily Non-Conformist CarolinaRedleg's Avatar

Dunn's retort:

http://www.thelotd.com/ctrent/blog/2...know_the_clown

I don’t know the clown. I don’t know, and you can use the word ‘clown’ if you like.
    I’ve seen it, I haven’t heard it. I really don’t care what one guy thinks, to be honest with you. If I’m a G.M., I don’t know that I’d go out of my way to discredit a player -- if I’m a player. He’s obviously won more than me, I guess. Or hasn’t. I know nothing about him.

The players didn’t say anything, it’s just some clown sitting in a front office pushing paper. I don’t play for any other reason than the guys here. I’ve said it all along, it doesn’t bother me what people say or think, especially someone outside of the organization who has no idea of anything that goes on here. He’s not even in our country. This guy’s in another country talking ****.

He felt like he needed to say it for some reason, I have no idea why and I don’t care. He could be in this clubhouse right now, I wouldn’t know. I couldn’t tell you his name, what he looks like – he’s got a big mouth, that’s all I know about him.

I read it, I just read it. I don’t care. He doesn’t have to use my name, use someone else’s name. I’m not taking up for him, because I don’t care about him. I don’t know who he is. I’m not going to sit here and defend someone who’s going to sit there and say I don’t care about baseball. It pisses me off, to be honest with you. He doesn’t even know me. If he knew me, fine. Say what you want. But this guy doesn’t know anything about me other than what he sees on whatever SportsCenter they have on up there. That’s it.

It pisses me off. It does. I just told you it pisses me off when people who have no idea what the **** goes on around here and then say – I don’t give a **** what people say in this clubhouse, I don’t care, besides what’s said in here. I don’t care about the perception people have of me, if anything happens, it looks like I ain’t going to Toronto. I can eliminate one team.

I’m not converting my dollars into looneys and twoneys just yet. They’re really good, actually.

LMAO, I love Dunn now.

I thought everyone outside of Cincy thought of Dunn as a huge threat, and big time power bat..

He's untradeable for what everyone wearing those glasses think we will get out of him..

My thoughts:

1> LOVE Adam Dunn's response. Glad he didn't take the "high road."

2> JP Riccardi is clearly the foremost authority on baseball. I mean, he *IS* the same horse's anus that signed AJ Burnett and his 20 starts/year to a 5-year, $55 million contract....right??

3> Regardless, this does tell us something about Dunn's trade value. Don't hold your breath waiting on offers for Clayton Kershaw, Clay Buckholz, etc.

(oh - and cross the jays off the list of potential suitors)

sad thing is.. frank thomas is still better than dunn when he is healthy.. and he is making 13 mil at 40 years old.. so they have had better than dunn and still got rid of him.. dunn will command far too much for it to be beneficial for the reds to keep him.. and then he will realize that his value is somewhere around 7 or 8.. but in an overinflated market some AL team might offer 14-18 mil..

just saying the love for dunn is not where it should be.. and he is making far too much for what we get on the field.

At least Dunn told the prick off. Really, even if people don't like Dunn, why are you going to go off on someone you don't even know? Dunn could make a good amount of money as a platoon DH/LF player in the AL. You forget, what is a boatload of money to us, is money out of the couch for a Boston or New York.

What a shock. Unlike fantasy baseball fans, the experts actually look beyond OBP and OPS, especially in a case like Adam Dunn where those metrics are completely misleading. Fantasy baseball fans continually attempt to convince us that Dunn is a star while not one other team in the league wants the guy.
    Last edited by Nuxhall41; 06-19-2008 at 04:06 PM.

Turn Off Ads?