Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Who wins this battle?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Who wins this battle?

Re: Who wins this battle?

In this case, it looks like the pitcher. Though it does raise an interesting question. Although both batter and pitcher should be allowed to switch sides, it shouldn't turn into a test of wills. I believe the batter should be forced to take a stance and keep it before the pitcher commits to his side.

There have been so few ambidextrous pitchers at any level of professional baseball that this has never really been an issue before. Greg Harris and Jorge Rubio, two former members of the Cincinnati organization, could pitch with either hand. Harris never tried it with the Reds, and I don't believe Rubio ever made it to the majors.
    "I am your child from the future. I'm sorry I didn't tell you this earlier." - Dylan Easton

Posted this years ago, can not remember pitcher or batter's names.

But the pitcher decided to cast his glove to the ground, planted both feet equally on the rubber facing home plate, while gripping the ball equally with his two bare hands. The hitter had to chose one of the batter's boxes.

I thought when that kid was pitching this way in college, that he had to declare which hand he was pitching with, then the batter got set; but once it was determined, neither could switch again.

Frankly, it looked to me (just seeing the K pitch) that the batter messed himself up playing that game. Go up there to hit, choose your better side and get at it.
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

Turn Off Ads?