Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Thinking about going out to eat?

Thinking about going out to eat?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25291195/&GT1=43001

WEST BEND, Wis. - A former restaurant cook has pleaded guilty to inserting hairs in a steak before giving it to a dissatisfied customer.

Ryan Kropp, 24, of West Bend, Wis., was fired along with another cook after the incident Feb. 23 at the Texas Roadhouse restaurant.

Kropp was charged in Washington County Circuit Court with a felony of placing foreign objects in edibles, carrying up to 3 1/2 years in prison.

After his guilty plea Thursday, Judge James Muehlbauer scheduled sentencing Aug. 12.

The criminal complaint said that when a manager asked a customer how his steak was, the customer said it was somewhat overdone, although he had almost finished eating it and refused an offer of a new steak.

But the manager insisted on having Kropp prepare a new steak the way the customer wanted it, medium rare, so that he could take it home.

The customer called the restaurant and police after finding hair as he was eating the steak the next day.

'Trying to get free stuff'
    According to the complaint, a second kitchen worker told police Kropp had put a slit in the cooked steak and pushed something inside, then stated, "These are my pubes," referring to pubic hair.

Kropp told police he put a few of his facial hairs on the steak, saying he was angry the customer sent the other steak back and thought he was "just trying to get free stuff," the complaint said.

A phone number for Kropp had been disconnected when The Associated Press tried to reach him for comment.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Thinking about going out to eat?

Has anybody eaten fast food recently? When your "cooks" are immature 15 year old high schoolers, don't expect the most sanitary food.

Quote Originally Posted by Oxilon View Post
    Has anybody eaten fast food recently? When your "cooks" are immature 15 year old high schoolers, don't expect the most sanitary food.
    While the Texas Roadhouse isn't fine dining it's far from fast food. And the guy was 24 not 15. Or maybe you were just making a random comment.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Senor Votto

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    While the Texas Roadhouse isn't fine dining it's far from fast food. And the guy was 24 not 15. Or maybe you were just making a random comment.
    I think he was just pointing out that this happens more often with fast food than other places.

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    While the Texas Roadhouse isn't fine dining
    It is for people in my line of work. There's something about long hours behind the wheel that brings out steak cravings.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

https://www.amazon.com/Charles-DeMaris/e/B07BD4JBQB

I'll trust a 15 year old who is already got a job at 15 more than a 24 year old who has probably been watching jackass the last 10 years.

Quote Originally Posted by OldRightHander View Post
    It is for people in my line of work. There's something about long hours behind the wheel that brings out steak cravings.

Better than the $9.99 Streak and Shrimp Special at the Petro Truck Stop off the I-10 in El Paso, TX. Taste like it was fried in chewing tobacco.

Reminds me of the movie "Waiting." Watch it and you'll inspect your food every time, assuming you go out to eat ever again after watching it.
    "Trying is the first step towards failure." Homer Simpson

"I wasn't looking too good but I was feeling real well." Keith Richards

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSelig View Post
    Kropp was charged in Washington County Circuit Court with a felony of placing foreign objects in edibles, carrying up to 3 1/2 years in prison.
    He'll be getting plenty of foreign objects in HIS meat in prison

Quote Originally Posted by Oxilon View Post
    Well, many of those 15 year olds are performing that job because it is their only available option, while a guy who works as a cook at Texas Roadhouse at the age of 24 is likely trying to make a career out of it. Now, tell me who is more unstable?

Turn Off Ads?