Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Keppinger headed to NY to re-join the Reds

Re: Keppinger headed to NY to re-join the Reds

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    Lineup: Keppinger in
    Posted by JohnFay at 6/22/2008 11:53 AM EDT on Cincinnati.com

The Reds activated Jeff Keppinger from the disabled list and designated Andy Phillips for assignment. The club hopes Philiips passes through waivers so he can be assigned to Louisville.

"He did a good job for us," Walt Jocketty said. "He knows his role. He's played for a winner."

More moves are coming. Jerry Hairston is eligible to come off the DL Wednesday. "It's a day-to-day, week-to-week thing, Dusty Baker said.

The lineup:

Norris Hopper lf

Keppinger ss

Ken Griffey Jr. rf

Brandon Phillips 2b

Edwin Encarnacion 3b

Joey Votto 1b

Jay Bruce rf

Corey Patterson cf

David Ross c

v. LH Andy Pettitte

Adam Dunn is getting a day off. "He looks lost," Baker said. "He's behind on fastball's and ahead on breaking balls.

"It can't hurt," Dunn said.

http://beta.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs...cincinnati.com
    Assuming Griffey is DH, I like it. Hopper, Patterson, Bruce ought to help Cueto quite a bit. Dunn is struggling, I like him better as a DH than Griffey against a lefty, but with Dunn struggling giving him the day off and playing Griff is fine. I don't like any of the catchers, but Ross is the best choice of a bad lot for today.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    Lineup: Keppinger in
    Posted by JohnFay at 6/22/2008 11:53 AM EDT on Cincinnati.com

The Reds activated Jeff Keppinger from the disabled list and designated Andy Phillips for assignment. The club hopes Philiips passes through waivers so he can be assigned to Louisville.

"He did a good job for us," Walt Jocketty said. "He knows his role. He's played for a winner."

More moves are coming. Jerry Hairston is eligible to come off the DL Wednesday. "It's a day-to-day, week-to-week thing, Dusty Baker said.

The lineup:

Norris Hopper lf

Keppinger ss

Ken Griffey Jr. rf

Brandon Phillips 2b

Edwin Encarnacion 3b

Joey Votto 1b

Jay Bruce rf

Corey Patterson cf

David Ross c

v. LH Andy Pettitte

Adam Dunn is getting a day off. "He looks lost," Baker said. "He's behind on fastball's and ahead on breaking balls.

"It can't hurt," Dunn said.

http://beta.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs...cincinnati.com
    Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    Assuming Griffey is DH, I like it. Hopper, Patterson, Bruce ought to help Cueto quite a bit. Dunn is struggling, I like him better as a DH than Griffey against a lefty, but with Dunn struggling giving him the day off and playing Griff is fine. I don't like any of the catchers, but Ross is the best choice of a bad lot for today.
    I would flip-flop Encarnacion and Votto in the #5-6 spots, and Patterson and Ross in the #8-9 spots. But other than that, I like it. I agree with giving Dunn a day off.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

Think Dusty is giving Dunn the day off, along with Monday, to be fully rested going into Toronto?
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

When Hairston comes back I'd like to see Patterson DFA'd and KGJ dealt

CF Hairston
    SS Keppinger
    1B Votto
    2B Phillips
    LF Dunn
    3B Encarnacion
    RF Bruce
    C Bako/Ross

Not a' gonna happen though

Quote Originally Posted by corkedbat View Post
    When Hairston comes back I'd like to see Patterson DFA'd and KGJ dealt

CF Hairston
    SS Keppinger
    1B Votto
    2B Phillips
    LF Dunn
    3B Encarnacion
    RF Bruce
    C Bako/Ross

Not a' gonna happen though
    Agree with the roster moves. Not sure of the line-up, but I like Hairston and Kepp at the top. Probably Bruce, Dunn, EdE, Votto, Phillips, Catcher in that order but it could change a lot depending in the opposing pitcher and who is swinging well.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    Agree with the roster moves. Not sure of the line-up, but I like Hairston and Kepp at the top. Probably Bruce, Dunn, EdE, Votto, Phillips, Catcher in that order but it could change a lot depending in the opposing pitcher and who is swinging well.
    I'd bat Bruce in the 7th hole the rest of the year unless he showed me he can adjust and forces me to move him back to the 3-hole. I'd at least reduce the pressure for a couple of weeks.

Turn Off Ads?