Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ted Power on Homer

Ted Power on Homer

Did anyone hear Ted Power on Sunday sportstalk today. He said that Homer and Dick Pole worked on some things that the reds wanted Homer to work on in triple a. Power said that despite losing last night Homer sat between 93-95 and even hit 97 a few times. Most importantly, he said Homer threw strikes as he went 8ip and only threw 99 pitches. Did anyone watch this game last night or know if this is accurate about Homer's pitch speed?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Ted Power on Homer

The most important stat to me about him last night was he had 7 strikeouts, which definitely means that he's gotten his strikeout pitch back. Keep him in AAA for at least a month - I need to see a few more starts like this and show that he has a finishing pitch.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kfm View Post
    Did anyone hear Ted Power on Sunday sportstalk today. He said that Homer and Dick Pole worked on some things that the reds wanted Homer to work on in triple a. Power said that despite losing last night Homer sat between 93-95 and even hit 97 a few times. Most importantly, he said Homer threw strikes as he went 8ip and only threw 99 pitches. Did anyone watch this game last night or know if this is accurate about Homer's pitch speed?
    Why would Ted Power lie about Bailey's pitch speed?

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Why would Ted Power lie about Bailey's pitch speed?
    It could always be a juiced stadium radar gun.
    FIRE DUSTY BAKER

ADOPT THIS SIGNATURE IN SOLIDARITY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Blue View Post
    It could always be a juiced stadium radar gun.
    They don't go by those. Teams chart their own pitchers and run their own guns.

I feel and I dont have any info or did I see him pitch, I think Pole told him to scratch the shortening of his delivery and just throw as hard as you can.

Quote Originally Posted by icehole3 View Post
    I feel and I dont have any info or did I see him pitch, I think Pole told him to scratch the shortening of his delivery and just throw as hard as you can.
    That wouldn't really explain his increased command last night though (something like 71 strikes on 89 pitches). I think they found a pretty serious flaw in his delivery and have it corrected.

I'll believe it when I see it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    I'll believe it when I see it.
    Can't you get the Louisville games on MILB.com? I think you can watch all the minor league games if you pay the $30 fee.

Quote Originally Posted by AmarilloRed View Post
    Can't you get the Louisville games on MILB.com? I think you can watch all the minor league games if you pay the $30 fee.
    Not quite all of them, but probably about 70% of all the AAA games. I have the package and watch a bunch of games. Didn't watch last night though. Even still, there is no radar gun for the broadcasts.

Can we all agree to stop bashing Homer. It really does the Reds no good, for him to suck. I am rooting for him for two reasons:
    1. He develops and matures and the Reds have another good young arm.
    2. He shows enough that he can be traded for a quality player.

Right now so many people are so down on him. Can we declare a moratorium on the negativity towards Homer Bailey?
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    Can we all agree to stop bashing Homer. It really does the Reds no good, for him to suck. I am rooting for him for two reasons:

Right now so many people are so down on him. Can we declare a moratorium on the negativity towards Homer Bailey?
    Its Redszone, you have better chances of winning the lottery than people to not bash prospects (fairly or unfairly).

or unfairly praise them.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

Sometimes, I defend players who I have almost no hope in, just to help balance out all the negativity in the forums. There's no way I think Szymanski will be much help for the Reds or any team in MLB, but it's not outside the realm of possibility that he becomes a useful backup. I'd be nearly shocked if Ty Pelland ever became an effective reliever for the Reds, but it's not unrealistic to see him have a decent career as a LOOGY. I can go on and on. I think Luis Bolivar is one of the biggest wastes of roster space in the Reds' minor league organization, but I hope like hell he makes a positive impact for the Reds. I don't understand how people can be so negative. I guess it's just not my thing.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post

Yeah the hate on me has been disheartening. I've even been very hard on myself.

Turn Off Ads?