Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dusty's manlove for Patterson needs to stop.

Dusty's manlove for Patterson needs to stop.

He's got the Left-handed hitting Dunn available against the Right-hander Rivera with the team down 3 runs, and instead he let's Mr. Automatic Out, Corey Patterson bat. I'd rather have Ross hitting after Dunn then Dunn hitting after Patterson.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Dusty's manlove for Patterson needs to stop.

HEY he hit a home-run yesterday. That's earned him at least another month of manlove from Toothpick.

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

No, I disagree. Playing Patterson today was the right move. Totally the right move. Patterson has great numbers against Pettite. He even played him in the right spot in the lineup (for a nice change of pace). Cueto's a flyball pitcher and we needed the speed in the OF. Hopper/Bruce/Patterson gave us that. Also, be honest, who's swinging the worse bat here? Dunn or Patterson? That's a tough call. And don't quote me OBP crap for Dunn either. When Dunn is going good, he's fantastic. But that's also when he's racking up his walks too. When his bat/approach go into the crapper...he not getting walks either. He's just doing what he did today...passive approach and watches pitches sail past. If you want to call that patient, fine. I call it not being aggressive. Rivera's going to throw strikes. Period. You've got to take your bat off your shoulder.

So, who was more productive in the ninth? Patterson or Dunn? An 'elite' hitter? Not by a longshot.

Hatteberg is Sean Casey

When the onslaught of injuries for Reds infielders stops - Dusty's manlove for Patterson will stop.....

Or when Hopper stops going 0-5
    "YES! He rips it. Is it high enough? It's gonna be gone! Adam Dunn has done it again. Big #44 can take all day to round the bases here, thats done and gone- lookout dunner they're waitin for ya at home plate." - George Grand

"Did that just happen?" - Chris Welsch

Dusty's ego is preventing him from cutting bait with Patterson. He sold the Reds on Corey and his three million and will keep trying to prove it was the correct move until Walt steps in (which I hope is soon). Remember how Dusty boasted how he could get good ballplayers to come to the Reds because they'll want to play for him. I'm still waiting. It's amazing to see a guy with such wasted speed because of a goofy, one-handed karate swing, and he simply won't adjust or at least try to adjust.

got alil captain in u?

Yes Patterson is terrible at the plate right about now. He is the best defensive outfielder next to Bruce that we have on the roster. He covers major ground in centerfield. He may not have the greatest arm but it's decent. Cueto gives up alot of fly balls so why not have on of your best defensive outfielders out there today.

I am kinda glad Phillips was released... Atleast Walt is going with guys that will have a future in Cincinnati, and not just sending him down to AAA to waste a roster spot...

I feel bad for Andy, but I am Happy the Reds are going with talent... I don't think Patterson is too far behind... I just hope they don't read into his 6 Homers... This .190 batting average has got to stop...

Oh, I am also wondering why Kepp wasn't Lead off with Bruce batting second...

Or atleast Kepp Leading off with Hopper hitting second if Dusty was wanting to have the sac bunt option open...

Sir Charles, I was fine with Patterson playing Defense today and batting in the 8th spot, and maybe it was even the right move using the LH-hitting Patterson instead of the RH-hitting Ross against the RH-throwing Reliever.

I'd rather have Hopper playing Center though and his lifetime .330 AVG and .360 OBP over Patterson. Hopper is at least an average Center Fielder Defensively. All of his defensive numbers point out that he's an above average Fielder at every position, Left, Center, and Right. We're really struggling to score runs, and I'd rather have Hopper getting on base. Hopper usually comes in as a Defensive replacement in the 7th or 8th anyway, so Patterson can come in instead while Hopper moves over to Right or Left, while Hopper ends up getting 4 AB's to Patterson's none, but Patterson plays defense for 2 or 3 innings.

Say what you want about Patterson, but him beating out that throw and not getting doubled up, could have had a huge impact on the game, that is, if the big Donkey didn't do his usual routine.

Hopper is not that great in the OF.Seriously if this team was built like this guy we would
    be contenders

Think about what it would do to our catching situation.We would have Ross's arm Bako's
    defense and well....Javy's stache We would have Robo Catcher!
    The Hunt for a Reds October.

C-Bus (Columbus OH for non-Jim Rome fans)

Corey Patterson is a flipping joke....there is no way he should be collecting a major league paycheck....there has to be more to this story than the general public knows...

My god, he has one bad year, and he is a joke. I can't beleive the impatience of reds fans.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesanta View Post
    My god, he has one bad year, and he is a joke. I can't beleive the impatience of reds fans.

Please, please, PLEASE tell me you are joking....

HIS ENTIRE CAREER HAS BEEN A JOKE.

I really hope your post was a facetious one.

Schnickelfritz

Quote Originally Posted by JayBruce4HOF View Post

Please, please, PLEASE tell me you are joking....

HIS ENTIRE CAREER HAS BEEN A JOKE.

I really hope your post was a facetious one.
    How has his entire career been a joke?

I like CP in the field and I like his speed but his bat is what kills him. Who is to say that a decent hitting coach is what this kid needs? Heck, a good hitting coach is what this team needs period?

Why does the Reds front office

keep letting Dusty play Patterson everyday. If I were Mr. Bobby C. and Walt I would tell Dusty to play all the young guys. Like a OF of Dickerson CF, Bruce RF, and Rosales(sp) Lf and let Patterson go.

Turn Off Ads?