Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: If you really want to get a measure of Adam Dunn.....

If you really want to get a measure of Adam Dunn.....

watch how he does in the Toronto series. He's been bashed and applauded by every one of us at one time or another. The real Adam Dunn will be determined by how he reacts on the field in response to the uncalled for comments by the Toronto GM. I'm sure it's on his mind even though if asked he'd probably give some "I don't really care what other people say" malarky. If he does comes through (fully healthy or not) mark me down as a Dunn supporter. If he doesn't, he is the lackadaisical, doesn't give a crap, leadershipless, numb-nut that so many of you claim he is.

"These are the times that try men's souls." My bet is he's going to come through big time and turn this team's season around.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: If you really want to get a measure of Adam Dunn.....

Are you really going to base your entire opinion on Dunn on one series?
    Whoever wants to know the heart and mind of America had better learn baseball - Jacques Barzun

Ummmm... NO.

I am not going to base my opinion on this series alone...BUT, I do wan tto see some fire in AD this week. I dont care if its hustle a little harder to first or stretch a single to a double, or dive for a ball.....or hit a HR and look up at the box as he crosses home plate....I want to see FIRE in him...The Blue Jays Gm said what we all think day in and day out....I only wish it was Bob C. or Walt that made those comments. I tell myself every offseason that AD will show up to spring training in tip top shape and be ready to play, yet he always shows up and never looks as if he worked at anything........its starting to catch up to him and we reds fans are turning on him.....This series I want to see AD get mad, put up some stats, and push this team. I will still support him even if he goes o-fer the series but his tenure as a fun loving leader in Ctown is comming to an end unless he changes something.

My opinion of Dunn won't change for this series.In fact most of us can predict what will happen he will
    hit 1 or 2 HR's most likely solo shots because no can get on before him and he will walk 6 times because no one can hit behind him.
    The Hunt for a Reds October.

I wish players could flip a switch and have a good series. There are just too many variables. But trust me, I would LOVE for him to hit 3 HR and bat .375 for the series.

I'm pretty much with Fullboat. He may hit a HR or 2 but he'll draw a lot of walks.

Quote Originally Posted by Fullboat View Post
    My opinion of Dunn won't change for this series.In fact most of us can predict what will happen he will
    hit 1 or 2 HR's most likely solo shots because no can get on before him and he will walk 6 times because no one can hit behind him.
    Did you mean that no one can get on FIRST BASE ONLY before him? Because last time I checked AD was hitting a robust .200 or so with RISP. It's getting to the point (no numbers in front of me) where he's not even walking that much anymore, because as we all know pitchers that give up solo shots are still "effective"

Two on in the ninth yesterday and he looked at a close called third strike.

That summed up why the man drives me to drink.
    I have a love-hate relationship with Albert Pujols. Mostly hate.

how do you spell D U N N A P O L O G I S T ? redszone.

Quote Originally Posted by REDblooded View Post
    how do you spell D U N N A P O L O G I S T ? redszone.
    SABR?
    FIRE DUSTY BAKER

ADOPT THIS SIGNATURE IN SOLIDARITY!!!

He's got a pretty long track record to go on. No need to have his abilities boil down to one series. He is a good, above average player, but not someone who you can build a team around.
    FIRE DUSTY BAKER

ADOPT THIS SIGNATURE IN SOLIDARITY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Blue View Post
    He's got a pretty long track record to go on. No need to have his abilities boil down to one series. He is a good, above average player, but not someone who you can build a team around.
    He is an elite offensive player
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

I would Defend Adam Dunn, but I probably would just be told than anyone can Hit 40 Home Runs, Drive in 100 RBI, oh, and Score 100 Runs, and that Walks (100 + of them) only clog bases...

But hey, that singles Hitter Kepp is Awesome isn't he... And singles don't Clogg, Walks Do!!!!

Yeah Right...

Besides Vaughn in like 1999 and Griffey in 2000... Who was the last player before that to Drive in 100 runs... So look at that stat then tell me how unvaluable Adam Dunn is...

Droll, yes. Quite droll. FlightRick's Avatar

I don't think anybody's suggesting that we distill Adam Dunn's value down to how he plays in Toronto. But I think there's something to be said for observing how he comports himself given last week's dust-up.

Maybe it translates into numbers, and maybe it doesn't, but it'd sure be nice to see Dunn giving off a little "Eff You" vibe. A little more aggressiveness. A little Eye of the Tiger. Or at least some seriously snarky interviews. If he doesn't want to shove it in their stupid Canuck faces a little bit more firmly than he does against any other random opponent, I actually would be a bit put out and disappointed.

Blame Canada, Adam. Blame Canada.

Rick

PS: Canadian bacon is HAM! FOOLS!!!

sometimes I wish this wasn't a family site..... i have the perfect adam dunn metaphor, but it'd be my last post.

Turn Off Ads?