Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tuesday June 24th minor league updates

Re: Tuesday June 24th minor league updates

* Top 1: Lotzkar seemed to get behind batters, struggled with his control some and gave up an absolute bomb to rightfielder Derrick Walker. But because of the Brandon Waring error, only one of the four first-inning runs were earned. Lotzkar was in the low 90s with his fastball. Silver Hawks 4, Green Dragons 0

* Bottom 1: Three quick outs. And I wish I had brought my binoculars, because apparently South Bend pitcher Josh Collmenter has a really kickin' moustache. Silver Hawks 4, Green Dragons 0

* Top 2: Lotzkar still struggling with command. He walked the leadoff hitter, No. 8 in the lineup, on four straight. In the first inning, pitching coach Doug Blair came out after the first batter. Already there are calls from fans to take out Lotzkar after the No. 9 hitter, Aaron Hanke singles. Lotzkar recovers after that, getting a fly out and then freezing the No. 2 hitter on a 92 mph fastball for the second out. And right after I write that, four straight balls to the No. 3 hitter to load 'em. Lotzkar, for the record is just 18. The No. 4 guy grounds into a fielder's choice to end the inning. Silver Hawks 4, Green Dragons 0

* Bottom 2: Yep, Collmenter does indeed have one heck of a moustache. And he strikes out the side. Silver Hawks 4, Green Dragons 0

* Top 3: Lotzkar was a different pitcher that inning, striking out the side himself. He got up to 93, but then got 1B Chance Wheeless looking on a curveball. Silver Hawks 4, Green Dragons 0

2. Turn Off Ads?

4-0 Louisville after two innings.

Rosales is 1-for-1 with a 3-run homerun.

Maloney: 2 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 3 K

Maloney: 5 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 4 K

Some thoughts from the Lookouts game. Some of you are young pups. If any of you grow up to be schedulers for a minor league team, remember this: Day games in late June in Florida are bad. Don't do it.

It was hot.

Travis Wood has a real nice effortless delivery and throws LOTS of changes. It's not just a every once in a while thing, he throws it a lot. The closest he came to danger in first 3 innings was when the Suns catcher Lucas May hit a 419 foot drive to straight center. Luckily it's 420 feet.

In the 4th, the 3 run homer was weird. May hit a ball that was exactly to the fence (5' high) but De Jesus misjudged how far the wall was, and just when he was reaching up to catch it, he hit the wall, and he missed the ball.

In the 6th, he walks a guy, gives up bloop double, then when they decide to intentionally pass the next guy, he throws the first pitch so wide Tatum can't get to it, it hit backstop and comes back before runners can advance. The second pitch was also wide but Tatum gets it. He then walks a run in and gets replaced.

Robert Manuel did an excellent job getting out of inning with just 1 run, and he looked good next inining also. Has some quirky actions while on mound.

Lutz was also very impressive.

More to follow.......
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

Cumberland just looks like a country boy, and he is, from Alabama. Eyeman strongly resembles Rick Aasadorian. In person Valaika has a real Heath Ledger thing going on. I thought Valaika looked real comfortable at SS.

Dorn looks to be a real character. Hard to say why exactly but Callardo didn;t impress me much.

Does Manual have pretty good stuff?

Thanks for the reports btw.

I'm no scout but I was impressed with both Manuel and Lutz

Lotzkar: 5 IP, 3 H, 1 ER, 3 BB, 6 K...he's retired 10 in a row.

Maloney: 6 IP, 3 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 6 K

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    That was Lotzkar's final line. Supposedly Zach Stewart is going to pitch tonight for Dayton.

Rosales got his second homer of the night, now has 5 RBI's.

Rosales come into tonight with two homeruns in 241 atbats this season. He's got two homeruns tonight in three atbats.

Maloney: 7 IP, 4 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 7 K...103 pitches.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    Pretty dang good - especially for an 18 year old (19 in November) in A ball.
    Last edited by Screwball; 06-24-2008 at 08:49 PM.

Zach Stewart threw a 1-2-3 inning with a strikeout. He's been perfect in three pro innings.

From Trent:

Top 8: Zach Stewart is filthy. Just filthy. He was around 95 and then just a sick slider. A ground out, popup and K. Nothing close on him. Silver Hawks 7, Green Dragons 1

Turn Off Ads?