Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: 6/24/08 vs Blue Jays, eh.

Re: 6/24/08 vs Blue Jays, eh.

Quote Originally Posted by edabbs44 View Post
    Can't believe that they extended him when the did. Wayne was playing with his heart on that one.
    I remember being pumped about the AH resigning, then that sinking feeling when BA was resigned.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by RedlegJake View Post
    11 men up in the 1st and Now 9 hitters in the 2nd with 1 out. Incredible. Bobbled grounder to Votto blowing the DP. 11-1

How many times have the Reds batted around this year?
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

LOL. 14 hits so far and 11 runs with 2 outs in the 2nd?
    this from a team that has struggled to score runs ... and has no power

This game is going to kill Pythag. Rios fans. Finally three outs. The Jays were tired so Rios decided to rest his teammates bofore their legs ran out.

Bronson Arroyo's ERA tonight= 90.00
    "I think we’re starting to get to the point where people are starting to get tired of this stretch of ball,” Votto said. “I think something needs to start changing and start going in a different direction. I’m going to do my part to help make that change.”

Burton and Cordero are two guys who should not pitch tonight.
    I would rather see a bench player pitch instead of wasting them in a blowout.

From the tremendous efforts of the youngsters Volquez, Cueto, Thompson and Burton to the Arroyo, Belisle, Maj, Foggs of this staff. About the most Jekyll and Hyde pitching staff in baseball. Half very good. Half very horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by CTA513 View Post
    Burton and Cordero are two guys who should not pitch tonight.
    I would rather see a bench player pitch instead of wasting them in a blowout.
    add harang and volquez to the list :

Well the Reds sure helped the Bluejays get out of their hitting funk!! Arroyo is a mess.. cant throw nothing but hanging breaking balls!! why didnt BAKO making him pitch something else??

2 out. 4 pitches for Burnett so far? This from a guy who doesn't know where the strikezone is if it bit his butt? How about some patience with this guy?

Quote Originally Posted by edabbs44 View Post
    Can't believe that they extended him when the did. Wayne was playing with his heart on that one.
    Yeah very comparable to the Bengals signing Anderson and Levi at the same time...why if you don't have to? Sign one or the other.

I'm so tired of the "feel good" crap from both of our bad franchises, and the local media eats it up like lap dogs and poop it out to the masses.

Do what it takes to win consistently, by not being afraid to make tough decisions and risk some fall out with the joe six pack talk show fans temporarily.

So, at least with the Reds they "have" a GM, and turnover their FO staff - so there's at least some hope there. Just spare me the promotions and focus on individual players, and take some pride in your organization, hope Bob means business.

Another called 3rd strike for Dunn. I still can't figure out why a guy with such a good eye takes so many 3rd strikes.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

3 up 3 down. You HAVE to wait out a guy like Burnett. OTOH the movement on his fb is sick. Not the arm he used to have but he's a still got hard to hit stuff, and a guy like him with his control problems you have to draw him out.

This game is going to kill Pythag
    We were already a game ahead. This should make up that extra win.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Janish to Votto. 1 down.

Turn Off Ads?