Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ross

ORG Infidel

Re: Ross

Quote Originally Posted by summerplight View Post
    Thats funny because last night after his botched play at home, I admit I had the same initial reaction "He is horrible with plays at the plate." But after they showed the replay a couple of times the thing that bothered me wasn't that he had misplayed the short hop, but the fact that he had taken steps back, leaving the plate wide open, to make the play. That must not be one of the little things that George Grande likes to talk about all the time because last night all he said was how the near perfect throw by Dunn would have been better if it had bounced a couple times.
    He does tend to do that I will grant you that. He is probably trying to make sure he keeps it in front of him but stepping away from the plate concedes a run either way so it is kind of pointless.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Cicero View Post
    He does tend to do that I will grant you that. He is probably trying to make sure he keeps it in front of him but stepping away from the plate concedes a run either way so it is kind of pointless.
    Catchers don't worry about keeping the ball in front of them on plays at the plate. The pitcher is backing him up.

I'm a fan of Chris Welsh and he has commented numerous times this year about poor pitch selection hurting our pitchers. I agree with this former pitcher and wonder if our young studs are getting correct advice from our catchers. IMO, a catcher's ability to strategize a game with the correct pitch calls is much more important than anything else he could do. Are our boys getting the job done in this regard?

Turn Off Ads?