Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Hairston back Janish down

Hairston back Janish down

Per ORG's Homer Bailey
    According to Fay.
    The Reds activated Jerry Hairston Jr. from the disabled list and optioned Paul Janish to Triple-A Louisville.

The lineup:

Jerry Hairston Jr. ss

Adam Dunn lf

Brandon Phillips 2b

Ken Griffey Jr. dh

Joey Votto 1b

Jeff Keppinger 3b

Jay Bruce rf

Corey Patterson cf

Paul Bako c

v. RH Jesse Litsch

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Hairston back Janish down

Quote Originally Posted by DannyB View Post
    Per ORG's Homer Bailey
    According to Fay.
    The Reds activated Jerry Hairston Jr. from the disabled list and optioned Paul Janish to Triple-A Louisville.

The lineup:

Jerry Hairston Jr. ss

Adam Dunn lf

Brandon Phillips 2b

Ken Griffey Jr. dh

Joey Votto 1b

Jeff Keppinger 3b

Jay Bruce rf

Corey Patterson cf

Paul Bako c

v. RH Jesse Litsch

I like the lineup, shocked he put 3 lefties together at the bottom though.

Bold prediction: Hairston crashes back to earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Grande Donkey View Post
    Put Dunn 4th, Bruce 2nd, and Griffey 7th and that is a good looking lineup.
    Why Bruce 2nd at this point?

Why Bat Bruce in front of Patterson??? Zero protection...

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

I like it. Let Bruce hit further down in the order until he gets going again.

Louisville is exactly where Janish belongs right now. We'll see him again..soon enough.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

Quote Originally Posted by Lockdwn11 View Post
    Why Bruce 2nd at this point?
    Bruce was batting great when he was in the 2 hole, after he was moved is when he started struggling. Put him back where he had his most success.

How about this: put any player anywhere, since we can't hit for crap about every 3 of 4 games, so does it really matter?

I really don't care what the lineup is at this point, Patterson does need to disappear ASAP though. I hope Freel and Alex Gonzalez are ready soon.

Thanks for the reply Grande. I just wanted to know why you felt he should be in the two hole .I think with the way he has look at the plate lately I would keep him down in the order untill he gets it going again but thats just my opinion.

I must say this ALMOST resembles a Major League lineup.

I'm not sure what got into Dusty to have him put Dunn in the 2 hole, but it's the smartest thing he's done for this team short of putting in motion the release of Stanton.

Until KGJ is off this roster though, he'll never get it exactly right. Unfortunately, he'll be eternally handcuffed to BP in the same role KGJ was in, even though he's HORRENDOUS against RH-pitching.

Ah well, baby steps...

PEACE

-BLEEDS
    I think that in a year or two, one of these guys - Frazier, Dorn, Valaika, Cumberland, Stubbs - will be ready to replace Dunn. They won't hit as many home runs as Dunn, but they should have similar OPS. - 757690, July 22, 2008

Alonso will be playing 1B for the REDS and batting 4th one year from today. - Kingspoint, July 9, 2009

Quote Originally Posted by BLEEDS View Post

I'm not sure what got into Dusty to have him put Dunn in the 2 hole, but it's the smartest thing he's done for this team short of putting in motion the release of Stanton.

Until KGJ is off this roster though, he'll never get it exactly right. Unfortunately, he'll be eternally handcuffed to BP in the same role KGJ was in, even though he's HORRENDOUS against RH-pitching.

Ah well, baby steps...
    It's a horrible lineup. Why are Keppinger and Bruce so low? Phillips hitting cleanup against a RH?

This lineup is easy...

Hairston
    Keppinger
    Bruce
    Dunn
    Votto
    Griffey
    Phillips
    Bako
    Hopper (no Patterson)

It's simple Dusty. Go to ESPN, open up the splits vs. RH, put the highest OBPs at the top, the highest SLG in the middle and follow that up with progressively declining OPS.

Forget the L-R crap. All that matters is the splits. PH with EE or Cabrera for Griffey late if they go to a LH reliever.

I did that in 5 seconds. Why can't Dusty?
    Last edited by kpresidente; 06-26-2008 at 06:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BLEEDS View Post
    Agreed, it does look a little better.

Quote Originally Posted by kpresidente View Post
    It's a horrible lineup. Why are Keppinger and Bruce so low?
    Because one's coming off the DL and hasn't done Jack yet, and the other is mired in a HORRIFIC slump the last couple weeks. I can't argue too much against that, for now.

Agreed that when they are healthy and in form, they should be batting higher - which can be said for about 3-4 other guys as well, which is a good thing.

AS LONG as Dusty actually DOES move guys down to 6/7/8 when they are slumping - instead of hitting them 1/2, I can remain pleasantly surprised...

Quote Originally Posted by kpresidente View Post
    Phillips hitting cleanup against a RH?
    That, I can't NOT argue for this one, how about batting 3rd!?!?!?!? This may be something we NEVER see Dusty get a grasp on, unfortunately.

PEACE

-BLEEDS
    I think that in a year or two, one of these guys - Frazier, Dorn, Valaika, Cumberland, Stubbs - will be ready to replace Dunn. They won't hit as many home runs as Dunn, but they should have similar OPS. - 757690, July 22, 2008

Alonso will be playing 1B for the REDS and batting 4th one year from today. - Kingspoint, July 9, 2009

Turn Off Ads?