Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jacoby has to go!!

Jacoby has to go!!

I think its time Brook Jacoby gets fired for this pathetic offense, inability to hit in the clutch, and taking too many called 3rd strikes. Time for another approach. Who can we get?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Jacoby has to go!!

Dave Parker Greg Vaughn ?

Old Red Guard Reject

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Fazio View Post
    I think its time Brook Jacoby gets fired for this pathetic offense, inability to hit in the clutch, and taking too many called 3rd strikes. Time for another approach. Who can we get?
    He doesn't really get mentioned much by headhunters. But, I agree, he's not exactly setting the world on fire. Send him to the house.
    If you ain't first, you're last! - Ricky Bobby

Maybe Chris Chambliss is available. Firing him was almost as dumb as hiring Dusty.
    FIRE DUSTY BAKER

ADOPT THIS SIGNATURE IN SOLIDARITY!!!

its all on dusty in my small opinion. he could be better but dusty has ruined this team and i gave him a huge chance, p.s. he failed

i think it's about time the players take some blame instead of all the coaching staffs. are you seriously going to tell me with all the managers and coaches we've run through in the least 10 years, none of them were competent? the players suck and thats the bottom line, until the is changed the coaches hands are tied.

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

Ive often wondered why a guy who could never teach himself to really hit big league pitching is teaching others....
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

I think it is a move that needs to be made by Dusty to save his own butt. It is not that he is doing bad job, (even though the hitting has been bad) it is that this team needs to move into a positive direction. They need to go out and get the best possible hitting instructor available. Dusty also needs to hire Mario Soto as his bullpen coach so our pitchers can get better too. Just my opinion.
    Jack Eliot: I'm a World Series MVP!
    Skip: That was four years ago, Jack. Last season, you hit .235.
    Jack Eliot: LAST SEASON, I led this team in ninth-inning doubles in the month of August!

---Mr. Baseball 1992

The problem as I see it is we have too many guys going to the plate with what looks like no particular plan of attack. These guys all got to the majors because they have talent. A hitting coach at this level is little more than a mind coach as I see it. And our guys look often like they have no clue when they step to the plate.

Now either Jacoby doesn't know what he's doing or he does but can't communicate it to the players. Of course, that is kind of a critical element of coaching, communication.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue View Post
    Maybe Chris Chambliss is available. Firing him was almost as dumb as hiring Dusty.
    You are correct sir. Although I believe hiring Dusty was dumber.

Throw him out on his head, along with Pole and Dusty. Expensive trash.

Firing Chambliss was probably Krivsky's worst move as GM of the Reds. It made no sense, The Reds had the #1 ranked offense with Chambliss, but after one off year, Krivsky fired him for no reason. The players loved him, especially Dunn and Griffey, so that wasn't the reason, and Narron is too nice of a guy to have a coach fired, so I never understood why. Maybe he was a O'Brien hire, and Krivsky just wanted to have all his own men? Whatever the reason, it was a dumb move.

For Real? I was very happy when he left... I vote for Hal McCrae...

This offense is just painful to watch. Poor Daryl Thompson has forgotten what it's like to look on the scoreboard and see that his team has a run.

1 run against Yanks on Sunday
    1 run against Jays on Tuesday
    1 run against Jays on Thursday
    0 runs so far against Tribe today

Incredibly frustrating to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Newman4 View Post
    He doesn't really get mentioned much by headhunters. But, I agree, he's not exactly setting the world on fire. Send him to the house.
    I'm reserving my best Jerry Seinfeld "Newman!" for you!

Turn Off Ads?