Turn Off Ads?
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: Reds rumored to have signed Yorman Rodriguez, the top International position prospect

Re: Reds rumored to have signed Yorman Rodriguez, the top International position pros

What is next? Bigfoot is really hanging out in Georgia?
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Reds rumored to have signed Yorman Rodriguez, the top International position pros

Quote Originally Posted by 11larkin11 View Post
    ...Wow. Instead of Reds games I wish my cable company would just play the games of the minor league teams. Will Yorman go to the DSL or just workout in Sarasota?
    The advantage that Juan Duran had was that he was signed a while ago. If Rodriguez goes to the DSL, he'd have very limited time there. The Reds signed Junior Arias to a fairly big contract, and he has yet to play in a game with the Reds, so it's certainly no lock that Rodriguez will play this year.

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    The advantage that Juan Duran had was that he was signed a while ago. If Rodriguez goes to the DSL, he'd have very limited time there. The Reds signed Junior Arias to a fairly big contract, and he has yet to play in a game with the Reds, so it's certainly no lock that Rodriguez will play this year.
    I don't believe he can play until next season if I'm not mistaken.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Awesome, awesome news. I was fairly confident all along that the Reds were going to sign him and then a few hours ago I began to get nervous due to the lack of news. It turned out no news was good news. This signing thrills me. Yorman supposedly has the tools to be a great center fielder and has been compared to the likes of Miguel Cabrera and Carlos Beltran. His power and speed have been rated as 70's on the 20-80 scouting scale. This just further proves the Reds are becoming major players in the International scene. Juan Duran and Yorman Rodriguez were the big signings but Junior Arias was also a fairly big signing. This is awesome. The Reds have added a lot of talent to the organization lately.

Reds ink highly touted Venezuelan
    Rodriguez, 16, considered five-tool center fielder
    By Mark Sheldon / MLB.com

CINCINNATI -- While the Reds finalized their deal with first-round Draft pick Yonder Alonso, they also made another move on Friday night that was significant for their developmental system.

Center fielder Yorman Rodriguez, a 16-year-old from Venezuela, was signed to a contract. Considered a five-tool player, his birthday was on Friday. The youngest a foreign player can sign a contract is 16.

"He might be the top position prospect in all of Latin America," Reds scouting director Chris Buckley said.

Terms of the deal were not revealed.

Rodriguez is the second highly touted young Latin player to enter the Reds system this year. On Feb. 27, Dominican outfielder Juan Duran was signed.

"We've signed two of the top players available in that market and consider both to be first-round Draft picks," Buckley said. "This organization has made great progress in international scouting."

http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/news/...=.jsp&c_id=cin

Safe to say I told you so?

Quote Originally Posted by Homer Bailey View Post
    I'm quite confident we have this guy, and for good reason .
    Yeah its safe.
    Last edited by Homer Bailey; 08-16-2008 at 03:21 AM.

Good call.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    Good call.
    I'm not gloating. Actually I am, but this is one of the first times my inside info has actually panned out. I get all the rumors first hand, but this was the one guarantee that I had. Now I've gotta work on the free agents!

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

I'm not the biggest follower of the reds minor league systems (but this site has been an awesome resource for me...which I greatly appreciate), but I'm under the impression that these are 'splash like' moves for this system....a system, that until recentely, was pretty dried up
    Last edited by Matt700wlw; 08-16-2008 at 03:31 AM.

Serious Props to you
    2006 Redzone mock Draftee's- 1(st) Daniel Bard(redsox), 1(st sup)( Jordan Walden (Angels), 2(nd) rd.- Zach Britton(Orioles), 3(rd) Blair Erickson(Cardinals), 3(rd) Tim Norton( Yankees),(cuz its a Tim Hortons thing

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Being the breaker of news kicks ass.....I was responsible for getting the Dunn trade on the air before any source (i found it out on this board)......I told Channel 5 about it too!!! Kearns-Lopez trade....Larue trade. I'm proud of those scoops....gives me credibility......which I still hope I have....
    Last edited by Matt700wlw; 08-16-2008 at 03:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    Awesome, awesome news. I was fairly confident all along that the Reds were going to sign him and then a few hours ago I began to get nervous due to the lack of news. It turned out no news was good news. This signing thrills me. Yorman supposedly has the tools to be a great center fielder and has been compared to the likes of Miguel Cabrera and Carlos Beltran. His power and speed have been rated as 70's on the 20-80 scouting scale. This just further proves the Reds are becoming major players in the International scene. Juan Duran and Yorman Rodriguez were the big signings but Junior Arias was also a fairly big signing. This is awesome. The Reds have added a lot of talent to the organization lately.
    Who is Junior Arias OBM???

Quote Originally Posted by icehole3 View Post
    Who is Junior Arias OBM???
    There isn't much info on Arias, but here's what's available:

http://www.baseballamerica.com/today...08/266438.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Baseball America
    The Reds signed Dominican shortstop Junior Arias, a strong, high-waisted athlete.

"He's a good-looking kid," one scout said last week. "He's got good hands, he's a good athlete and he's got good body control. He's a line-drive hitter—it's a short stroke to the ball."

Turn Off Ads?