Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Reds rumored to have signed Yorman Rodriguez, the top International position prospect

Re: Reds rumored to have signed Yorman Rodriguez, the top International position pros

Quote Originally Posted by AmarilloRed View Post
    It will be even more important to land Rodriguez now that Inoa has signed with the A's. I hope it is true we turned our attention to him after losing out on Inoa.
    I thought Inoa can't be signed until July 2nd.

edit: just read the Inoa thread. nevermind.
    Last edited by TRF; 06-30-2008 at 09:57 AM.
    Suck it up cupcake.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Reds rumored to have signed Yorman Rodriguez, the top International position pros

I've got a bad feeling about Yorman Rodriguez. Saber scouting reported the Reds are rumored to have agreement in place with Rodriguez but Baseball America or no one else has reported it yet. I hope the Reds do get him but I don't know right now.
    I miss Adam Dunn.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    I've got a bad feeling about Yorman Rodriguez. Saber scouting reported the Reds are rumored to have agreement in place with Rodriguez but Baseball America or no one else has reported it yet. I hope the Reds do get him but I don't know right now.
    Well its because its all speculation. The Reds have been rumored to be the front runners on him for a while and recently his buscone stopped shopping him around saying they had an agreement in place with a team.

Doug, do you think the Reds get him?

Quote Originally Posted by Grande Donkey View Post
    Yeah I do. No one has been linked with him even half as much as we have and he has stopped being shopped around. That generally seals the deal.

Good deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Grande Donkey View Post
    When will we hear for sure, July 2nd?

Baseball America says Rodriguez's raw power and speed rate as a 70 on the 20-80 scale.
    So he's a fast Wily Mo Pena then?

Quote Originally Posted by 15fan View Post
    So he's a fast Wily Mo Pena then?

Fast Wily and the Big Juan. Wasn't that a Bronson/Eastwood movie?

let me ask everyone: if Bowden had signed Juan Duran, would he not have been in Cincinnati already? at least for batting practice, some good quotes from Baker and some good press from the locals, that's a given... but we'd also be debating whether he'd get Reds time this year or next.

things are much quieter without JimBo

Quote Originally Posted by princeton View Post
    Fast Wily and the Big Juan. Wasn't that a Bronson/Eastwood movie?

let me ask everyone: if Bowden had signed Juan Duran, would he not have been in Cincinnati already? at least for batting practice, some good quotes from Baker and some good press from the locals, that's a given... but we'd also be debating whether he'd get Reds time this year or next.

things are much quieter without JimBo
    Absolutely. And my guess is Duran would be in Billings or Dayton.
    I miss Adam Dunn.

BTW, a poster on Saber Scouting said Yorman can't sign until August. That's the first time I've heard that.
    I miss Adam Dunn.

After reading a new Baseball America update I feel better about the Reds chances of getting Rodriguez. The Mariners seemed to be the main competition for him but BA says the Mariners are no longer serious contenders. BA also says that people are hiding a bunch of players so there will be plenty of other players who sign for big bonuses that we probably have never heard of before.
    I miss Adam Dunn.

It's been increased substantially this season - by about $500,000, according to the same industry sources - but still falls in the bottom third. And that's not enough to allow them to get in on the bidding for players like Portillo . . . or Dominican righthander Michael Inoa (expected to get at least $4 million from the Athletics), Venezuelan outfielder Yorman Rodriguez (who has been compared to Miguel Cabrera) or Dominican outfielder Rafael Rodriguez (who is likened to Vladimir Guerrero).

By contrast, Seattle spent $4.2 million last year. Cincinnati is poised to give $4 million to just two players this year. The Yankees, Mets and Red Sox seemingly spend whatever it takes. The average per team layout is pegged at around $1.8 million . . . and going up every year. "It's really exploding," one scout says.

http://www.philly.com/dailynews/spor...s__budget.html
    I miss Adam Dunn.

The Yankees, Mets and Red Sox seemingly spend whatever it takes. [/url]
    if that statement is true, then three teams disagree strongly with our valuation of these players.

I remember when we outbid the Yankees for Alejandro Diaz. The Yankee guy thought that we were crazy. We were.

In the Baseball America chat they mentioned the A's, Giants, Padres and Reds as the most likely biggest spenders in this years signing period.
    I miss Adam Dunn.

Turn Off Ads?